Win2000 SetUp Reallocated my drive letters

Win 2000 lost myMouse
1. Ran emergency Repair - to no avail
2. Move the mouse from one usb port to another & Ran Emergency Repair - to
no avail
4. Etc!
5. Eventually ran SetUp > Repair Existing
Recopies everything

Ok - got my mouse back
BUT !!!!
====
I Have 2 hard discs.
They were -
Boot Drive 2 partitions
Apps(C:) & Data(D:)

Second Drive: 2 partitions
AppsBu(E:) and DataBu(F:)
*******************************
NOW (after running Setup)
the system has re-allocated my drives
Apps(C:)
AppsBu(D:)
Data(E:)
DataBu(F:)

THUS
Files that WERE 0n Data(D:)
ARE NOW ON Data(E:)

Files that WERE on AppsBu(E:)
ARE NOW ON AppsBu(D:)

[The boot drive now has C & E originally(C & D)
and the second disc D & F originally(E & F)

*******************************
??????????
Can I reverse this process?
By reallocating the drive letters?
?????????
More about win2000 setup reallocated drive letters

    Jim

    Yes, you can change your drive letters. You might need to do this in steps,
    D to X, E to Y, X to E and so on. This MS Knowledge Base article might
    help:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323967

    This article explains why the drive letters came in this order:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=234048

    Probably, your machine started with only one hard disk, and you added the
    second later, which can explain why you ended up with your previous
    lettering.

    Best regards

    Bjorn
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

    "Jim Bunton" <jBunton@BlueYonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Win 2000 lost myMouse
    >1. Ran emergency Repair - to no avail
    >2. Move the mouse from one usb port to another & Ran Emergency Repair - to
    >no avail
    >4. Etc!
    >5. Eventually ran SetUp > Repair Existing
    > Recopies everything
    >
    >Ok - got my mouse back
    >BUT !!!!
    >====
    >I Have 2 hard discs.
    >They were -
    >Boot Drive 2 partitions
    >Apps(C:) & Data(D:)
    >
    >Second Drive: 2 partitions
    >AppsBu(E:) and DataBu(F:)
    >*******************************
    >NOW (after running Setup)
    >the system has re-allocated my drives
    >Apps(C:)
    >AppsBu(D:)
    >Data(E:)
    >DataBu(F:)
    >
    >THUS
    >Files that WERE 0n Data(D:)
    >ARE NOW ON Data(E:)
    >
    >Files that WERE on AppsBu(E:)
    >ARE NOW ON AppsBu(D:)
    >
    >[The boot drive now has C & E originally(C & D)
    > and the second disc D & F originally(E & F)

    >Can I reverse this process?
    >By reallocating the drive letters?
    >?????????

Windows