Lost System Administratur Password

Janice

We have a new system administrator and the old password
has been lost. How does she create a new one without the
old password? Thank you.

"Janice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a new system administrator and the old password
> has been lost. How does she create a new one without the
> old password? Thank you.

There are two ways:
- The easy way: Log on with the alternative administrative
account which you wisely set up when initially loading
Windows (same as you have a second set of keys for
your car).
- The hard way: Use this somewhat scary but effective
procedure -
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html