DS_Pokémon_Titles_Announced

Just thought I should put something up here regarding the big news: in
a press conference, among other slick DS news, Nintendo announced no
less than three Pokémon games. One, Pokémon Dash, seems to be some
sort of racing title (screens here:
http://media.ds.ign.com/media/707/707317/imgs_1.html ), while the other
two, Pokémon Pearl and Diamond versions, look to be the continuation
of the RPG series. All will presumably make use of the dual screens and
touch pad (duh), but another interesting little factoid is that, if
Dash and Emerald (for GBA) are in the system at the same time, it will
unlock bonus content!

Comments?
10 answers Last reply
More about ds_pokemon_titles_announced

    afish wrote:
    > Just thought I should put something up here regarding the big news: in
    > a press conference, among other slick DS news, Nintendo announced no
    > less than three Pokémon games. One, Pokémon Dash, seems to be some
    > sort of racing title (screens here:
    > http://media.ds.ign.com/media/707/707317/imgs_1.html ), while the other
    > two, Pokémon Pearl and Diamond versions, look to be the continuation
    > of the RPG series. All will presumably make use of the dual screens and
    > touch pad (duh), but another interesting little factoid is that, if
    > Dash and Emerald (for GBA) are in the system at the same time, it will
    > unlock bonus content!
    >
    > Comments?

    How could Dash and D/P be in the system at the same time?

    afish wrote:
    > Just thought I should put something up here regarding the big news: in
    > a press conference, among other slick DS news, Nintendo announced no
    > less than three Pokémon games. One, Pokémon Dash, seems to be some
    > sort of racing title (screens here:
    > http://media.ds.ign.com/media/707/707317/imgs_1.html ), while the other
    > two, Pokémon Pearl and Diamond versions, look to be the continuation
    > of the RPG series. All will presumably make use of the dual screens and
    > touch pad (duh), but another interesting little factoid is that, if
    > Dash and Emerald (for GBA) are in the system at the same time, it will
    > unlock bonus content!
    >
    > Comments?

    btw, any dates for these games?

    Jose L. Solano wrote:

    > Emerald, not Diamond and Pearl. Apparently, the DS has a slot for DS carts and
    > one for GBA carts.

    Ah! I thought he meant if either Dash or Emerald were in the DS along
    with D/P.

    afish <afish@spymac.com> wrote:
    <SNIP>
    > Comments?

    Cool, but not very surprising... can't let Digimon Racers be the only weird
    "Battle Monsters Drive Around" title. Because the DS has the GBA slot as
    well as the DS-card slot, it wouldn't surprise me if you could trade
    directly between Pokemon DS and LGFR on one console... probably using one
    screen for each game.

    That would be cool.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    >Ah! I thought he meant if either Dash or Emerald were in the DS along
    >with D/P.

    And I want my name back.

    Jose L. Solano
    -------------------------------
    A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
    -------------------------------
    "It's too damn safe."

    Jose L. Solano wrote:
    >>Ah! I thought he meant if either Dash or Emerald were in the DS along
    >>with D/P.
    >>

    > And I want my name back.

    I know, I know. All in due time.

    >> And I want my name back.
    >
    >I know, I know. All in due time.

    Now.

    Jose L. Solano
    -------------------------------
    A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
    -------------------------------
    "It's too damn safe."
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Jose L. Solano wrote:
    >>>And I want my name back.
    >>
    >>I know, I know. All in due time.
    >

    > Now.

    Patience, my child. Maybe I'll give it back when I get all 386 pokemon.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    afish wrote:

    > Just thought I should put something up here regarding the big news: in
    > a press conference, among other slick DS news, Nintendo announced no
    > less than three Pokémon games. One, Pokémon Dash, seems to be some
    > sort of racing title (screens here:
    > http://media.ds.ign.com/media/707/707317/imgs_1.html ), while the other
    > two, Pokémon Pearl and Diamond versions, look to be the continuation
    > of the RPG series. All will presumably make use of the dual screens and
    > touch pad (duh), but another interesting little factoid is that, if
    > Dash and Emerald (for GBA) are in the system at the same time, it will
    > unlock bonus content!

    Awesome. I wonder if Diamond and Pearl will be in 3D.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    DeepThought wrote:

    > afish <afish@spymac.com> wrote:
    > <SNIP>
    >
    >>Comments?
    >

    > Cool, but not very surprising... can't let Digimon Racers be the only weird
    > "Battle Monsters Drive Around" title. Because the DS has the GBA slot as
    > well as the DS-card slot, it wouldn't surprise me if you could trade
    > directly between Pokemon DS and LGFR on one console... probably using one
    > screen for each game.

    If its possible to trade at all between them, that'd probably be the way
    to do it. I heard that the DS cannot link GBA games or play GB to GBC
    games.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon