pinoyako

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
I have an e6300 and a Gigabyte GA-965p-s3

currently coretemp gives me temps of 51/53 (w/ airconditioning and roomtemp at around 27c..well the a/c is in the other room but my room is kinda cold too..lol) on hot days (32-34c) i get around 54-56c load temps though give me temps from high 50s to mid 60s ( i think i hit 67c at one point during orthos testing on a hot day) though i suspect somethings wrong with my temps as sometimes i never hit 60c and sometimes i do (both during testing on 1 hour of prime 95

heres the lowest i got when testing

load.jpg

anyway, i read the Core2duo temp guide but i also see people enjoying much lower temps than me..

so are these temps safe to OC? and can someone please tell me how to do it?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
e6300
Gigabyte GA-965p-s3
coretemp 53
roomtemp 27c
hot days 34c, 56c load
67c orthos hot day 1 hour of prime 95

are these temps safe to OC? and can someone please tell me how to do it?

Your info is very conflicted, and you haven't provided any results from TAT. I suggest that you run a controlled set of tests during the coolest late evening hours, as close to 22c ambient as possible, then provide complete TAT / Core Temp / SpeedFan 4.32 results and variables, as per the C2D Temp Guide:

Background

Some users also may not know that C2D's feature 3 temperature sensors; a single on-die Tcase sensor (between the cores), and dual Tjunction sensors (one within each core). Consequently, there is much confusion regarding specifications, calibration offsets and test methods, so results can be difficult to decipher and compare. Therefore, when expressing Idle & Load test results, it's also necessary to define the variables such as:

Tcase = Idle & Load
Tjunction = Idle & Load

Ambient = Room Temp
Chipset = Model
C2D = Model
CPU Cooler = Model
Frequency = CPU Clock
Load = Test Programs
Motherboard = Model
Vcore = CPU Voltage

Since the objective is to compare "apples" to other "apples", please do not include Prime95 or Orthos temp load results, or "hot day" results, as this only adds variables, and complicates thermal analysis.

Hope this helps,

Comp 8)

pinoyako

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
i cant get to 22c ambient :D the lowest i can get is prolly 29c but then thats the time im asleep and i dont use the computer

anyway, data for today (since this is the hottest time of the day)

IDLE
idle-1.jpg

LOAD

load-1.jpg

temps are proportional to the ambient temp though
but even on the coldest room temps, i havent seen my Tjunction go below 45c

CompuTronix

Intel Master
You have a -5c offset on the Tjunctions, which is a somewhat unusual offset value. Your Tjunction load temps should be corrected to 71c, which is in the "Warm" or yellow area on the temp scale, but not "hot", so you're at the edge of the thermal envelope, but still OK. Follow the Offsets section of the Core 2 Duo Temperature Guide, and you'll be able to configure SpeedFan 4.32 to accurately display all 3 sensor temps. After SpeedFan is configured, disregard the temps displayed in TAT and Core Temp.

Hope this helps,

Comp 8)

pinoyako

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
so my Tjunction temps should be higher than its reading? anyway, this isnt safe for OCing right?

i have a heatsink compund a hand, would it be worth a shot to reseat and lap the heatsink base? or are my temps normal due to the ambient temps?

thanks for the reply :)

pinoyako

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
does that mean that i can dismiss the "improperly seated HSF" theory and even if i do reseat the fan my temps wont go lower?

pinoyako

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
ok thanks :)

as for now, i decided not to OC until i get an aftermarket cooler (which will hopefully make the temps go down..darn, the zalmans are almost 50% more expensive where i live :(

fifth_pineapple

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
pre! buti pa sayo mas malamig at may a/c pa.... hehehehe

translation

its quite cooler there and you have an a/c unit.... hehehe

pinoyako

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
33c room temp isnt cool pre :p

and since electricity is expensive, i can only afford to turn the A/C on at night (when im about to sleep, and if the electric fan isnt enough) :D

haaaay gotta save for a zalman 9500..to think i just spent quite a huge amount for this rig..