Check Disk Log

I know this is a basic question, but after you've run check disk on XP, where
can you find the log?

Thanks
Michele
2 answers Last reply
More about check disk

    To view the log created after running a Check Disk:

    Open your Control Panel, click on Administrative Tools,
    click on Event Viewer, double-click on Application, scroll
    down until you see "Winlogon" and double-click on it.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Michele" wrote:

    |I know this is a basic question, but after you've run check disk on XP, where
    | can you find the log?
    |
    | Thanks
    | Michele

    Thanks for your reply. I went in to the Event Viewer, but did not see
    "Winlogon" on there. I did however see some Error codes in there. Does the
    fact that I didn't see Winlogon in there mean that the check disk didn't run
    because of some error? I appreciate your help.
    Michele

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > To view the log created after running a Check Disk:
    >
    > Open your Control Panel, click on Administrative Tools,
    > click on Event Viewer, double-click on Application, scroll
    > down until you see "Winlogon" and double-click on it.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Michele" wrote:
    >
    > |I know this is a basic question, but after you've run check disk on XP, where
    > | can you find the log?
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > | Michele

Windows XP Microsoft Basic