Check Disk Log

March 17, 2005 9:59:05 AM

I know this is a basic question, but after you've run check disk on XP, where
can you find the log?

Thanks
Michele

More about : check disk log

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 12:18:43 PM

To view the log created after running a Check Disk:

Open your Control Panel, click on Administrative Tools,
click on Event Viewer, double-click on Application, scroll
down until you see "Winlogon" and double-click on it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Michele" wrote:

|I know this is a basic question, but after you've run check disk on XP, where
| can you find the log?
|
| Thanks
| Michele
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:33:02 PM

Thanks for your reply. I went in to the Event Viewer, but did not see
"Winlogon" on there. I did however see some Error codes in there. Does the
fact that I didn't see Winlogon in there mean that the check disk didn't run
because of some error? I appreciate your help.
Michele

!