Windows Menu goes out of screen

If the Windows Start menu has so many items that it goes out of the screen,
then how do I access the items which are scrolling off the screen?

mcp111

It scrolls, so if you go to the top there will be an arrow that will enable
you to access items currently off the screen. You can control this
behaviour by right clicking the taskbar and selecting Properties. On the
Advanced page, there is an option "Scroll the Programs menu". Another
possibility is to group your entries in the same manner as under
Programs\Accessories so that you don't need to scroll.

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

mcp111 <mcp111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If the Windows Start menu has so many items that it goes out of the screen,
>then how do I access the items which are scrolling off the screen?

Thanks. That's just what I was looking for.
How do you do this other part?

"Bjorn Landemoo" wrote:

> mcp111
>
> It scrolls, so if you go to the top there will be an arrow that will enable
> you to access items currently off the screen. You can control this
> behaviour by right clicking the taskbar and selecting Properties. On the
> Advanced page, there is an option "Scroll the Programs menu". Another
> possibility is to group your entries in the same manner as under
> Programs\Accessories so that you don't need to scroll.
>
> Best regards
>
> Bjorn
> --
> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
>
> mcp111 <mcp111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >If the Windows Start menu has so many items that it goes out of the screen,
> >then how do I access the items which are scrolling off the screen?

mcp111

Right click the Start button and select Explore. This will open an Explorer
window, showing the Programs folder, and the folders beneath it. You can
create new folders here, and move other folders to them, in order to better
organize your Start menu.

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

mcp111 <mcp111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks. That's just what I was looking for.
>How do you do this other part?
>
>Another
>> possibility is to group your entries in the same manner as under
>> Programs\Accessories so that you don't need to scroll.
>

>"Bjorn Landemoo" wrote:
>
>> mcp111
>>
>> It scrolls, so if you go to the top there will be an arrow that will enable
>> you to access items currently off the screen. You can control this
>> behaviour by right clicking the taskbar and selecting Properties. On the
>> Advanced page, there is an option "Scroll the Programs menu". Another
>> possibility is to group your entries in the same manner as under
>> Programs\Accessories so that you don't need to scroll.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Bjorn
>> --
>> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
>> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
>>
>> mcp111 <mcp111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >If the Windows Start menu has so many items that it goes out of the screen,
>> >then how do I access the items which are scrolling off the screen?

Thanks

"Bjorn Landemoo" wrote:

> mcp111
>
> Right click the Start button and select Explore. This will open an Explorer
> window, showing the Programs folder, and the folders beneath it. You can
> create new folders here, and move other folders to them, in order to better
> organize your Start menu.
>
> Best regards
>
> Bjorn
> --
> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
>
> mcp111 <mcp111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks. That's just what I was looking for.
> >How do you do this other part?
> >
> >Another
> >> possibility is to group your entries in the same manner as under
> >> Programs\Accessories so that you don't need to scroll.
> >

> >"Bjorn Landemoo" wrote:
> >
> >> mcp111
> >>
> >> It scrolls, so if you go to the top there will be an arrow that will enable
> >> you to access items currently off the screen. You can control this
> >> behaviour by right clicking the taskbar and selecting Properties. On the
> >> Advanced page, there is an option "Scroll the Programs menu". Another
> >> possibility is to group your entries in the same manner as under
> >> Programs\Accessories so that you don't need to scroll.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >>
> >> Bjorn
> >> --
> >> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
> >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

mcp111

I forgot to say that you might need to look not only in your profile's
"Start Menu", but also in the "All Users" Start menu, as many programs
install their icons and folder there.