Setup of Win 2000 on Apple Mac laptop

Hi All..

I have a Apple mac laptop with Mac o/s . I want to replace with Windows 2000
or Windows XP . I have bootable CD's for both the windows o/s . Please advise
what should I do to replace the mac with windows . I am also open for dual
boot with mac coexisting with windows

Philo

"Rajesh Bansal" <Rajesh Bansal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All..
>
> I have a Apple mac laptop with Mac o/s . I want to replace with Windows
> 2000
> or Windows XP . I have bootable CD's for both the windows o/s . Please
> advise
> what should I do to replace the mac with windows . I am also open for dual
> boot with mac coexisting with windows

just replace the computer with a PC

Rajesh Bansal wrote:
> Hi All..
>
> I have a Apple mac laptop with Mac o/s . I want to replace with
> Windows 2000 or Windows XP . I have bootable CD's for both the
> windows o/s . Please advise what should I do to replace the mac with
> windows . I am also open for dual boot with mac coexisting with
> windows

Virtual PC or whatever the Mac equivalent is called. You should post in a
Macintosh newsgroup for help with this one. Dual booting isn't an option,
nor is replacing MacOS with Windows.

The Mac equivalent of VirtualPC is called VirtualPC. VirtualPC was a Mac
product BEFORE it was a PC product. It was originally owned by Connectix,
but purchased by Microsoft about a year ago. There's a new version out now -
version 7.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

Rajesh Bansal wrote:
> Hi All..
>
> I have a Apple mac laptop with Mac o/s . I want to replace with
> Windows 2000 or Windows XP . I have bootable CD's for both the
> windows o/s . Please advise what should I do to replace the mac with
> windows . I am also open for dual boot with mac coexisting with
> windows

The first, and absolutely essential, step would be to replace the
Mac laptop with an Intel-based laptop. You cannot install either
Win2K or WinXP onto Mac hardware.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: