memory

My computer was recently formatted, And now I have plenty
of disk space, but low on memory. I also have a dvd rom
but it plays like chipmunks. I have a Compaq deskpro,
Pentium three. with windows 200 professional. could you
please help me to fix this problem? thank you. Lorraine
3 answers Last reply
More about memory

    > My computer was recently formatted, And now I have plenty
    > of disk space, but low on memory.
    <snip>

    then you need to add more RAM

    256 megs is a fairly realistic minimum amount...
    and under no conditions should you have less than 128 megs

    You probably need to reinstall the drivers for your sound/graphics device

    "Lorraine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    news: 0b0301c4ba72$94c8eb50$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > My computer was recently formatted, And now I have plenty
    > of disk space, but low on memory. I also have a dvd rom
    > but it plays like chipmunks. I have a Compaq deskpro,
    > Pentium three. with windows 200 professional. could you
    > please help me to fix this problem? thank you. Lorraine
    ______

    Hi,

    How do you know that you are low on memory?
    Do you have a specific message? If yes could you please send to us the exact
    message that you encounter.

    Could you also please give us your computer configuration ?

    This may help us to understand what do you mean by low memory. With this
    information we will be more efficient helping you.

    Regards
    Aurelien Goillot
    Microsoft France

Microsoft Memory Windows