ACPI - Can't get Hibernate to work

Rich

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

I have read everything I can find on this subject, and it seems like
it sould be simple to get hibernate mode on my desktop machine to
work.

However, I have tried all the setting (I think) and it just doesn't
work.

I have a keyboard with a power button and a sleep button. The power
button works fine, but the sleep button appears to shutdown the
system, but nothing will bring it back.

I have tried enabling hibernate mode in the Power Options of the
Control Panel and when I click Start, Shutdown, hold Shift and click
Hibernate, the monitor goes black and the HD has some brief activity.

However, nothing I have tried will bring the system back.

I am running a MSI MB with XP Pro SP2.

Any advice? Maybe I need to give more info?

TIA, Rich

Rich

You may want to post here:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Rich.