New P5B deluxe clean install

racinj

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
I had an amd system and converted to a intel c2d sys. I have three drives two WD150 I want in raid 0 and a seagate raptor 36g I want to install the OS on. Problem: I put it in raid on the MOBO and XPpro wont install, it only installed in IDE mode. If I change back to raid in the BIOS i get a no drive error. I want to be able to have XP on the raptor with the WD in raid. How do I make this work??? I have been playing with BartPE and that program does not like me, I have tried to create a bootable cd but getting problems. What I have is XPpro on the raptor in IDE mode with no recognition of the other two drives. I am a little lost and need input.

Thanks in advance!!!

I tried Nlite slipstreaming the drivers from the asus cd but at install drives are not recognized and I get the error screen.
What am I missing beside my brain, I did not want to leave myself to wide open.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Did you try to F6 the drivers using a floppy drive at the onset of WinXP install?
I have the exact same problem.
How does one "F6" the drivers?
I thought the RAID is handled in the BIOS and no drivers are needed?
Is the driver from the Hard-Drive or from the Motherboard? (I'll try the motherboard drivers from the CD that came with it)
Thanks!

(Just when I thought I knew what I was doing)

sluzbenik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Just hit F6 as soon as XP setup loads (the blue background). It says so at the bottom of the screen. You don't have a lot of time to hit it, then it loads all the other drivers, but it will then ask you for a floppy.

LAGuy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Is the driver from the Hard-Drive or from the Motherboard? (I'll try the motherboard drivers from the CD that came with it)
(Just when I thought I knew what I was doing)

Look for the drivers from the manufacturer of the chipset on the board. Good place to start.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Ok, heres what you do:

Install a floppy drive into your computer, have some clean working formatted floppy's on hand.
Read the manual that came with your motherboard, find where you connect your 36 gig drive. I have a Asus P5W motherboard, my manual directed me to connect my drive to the Sata 1 connector.
When I connected to the Sata 1 connector, I was able to install my OS to it, without having to invoke F6.
If you do wish to install you OS to your 2 WD150 harddrives in raid 0, you will need to install the drivers during the OS install using F6.
This is where you need to determine what raid controller you wish to use, selecting it in your bios and connecting to it on the motherboard.
Read you manual it will be of great help.
If your cd rom that came with your motherboard is like mine it will self boot from a cold and or restart to give you options on making driver floppy's for the raid chipset you wish to use.

I hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS