ECS K7S5A Windows 2000 Issue

OK I have searched the boards and I don't see where anyone has found
an actual solution to this.

I have an 80GB IDE HDD with Win2K SP3 loaded on it. I have an ECS
Mobo with PC100 512MB of ram installed (two sticks). I have an ATI
Rage 128 Video card installed.

Here ios the issue, I tried starting from scratch and getting a system
running but to no avail so I used another machine to get the Win 2K on
the (new) HDD. Still the saem,
the system runs through boot up and then it blue screens with the
following message
STOP: 0x00000067 (0x00000004, 0x00000007, 0x00000000)
CONFIG_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
I have the FSB settings at 100/100 as they won't work at any other
setting.

You'll want to boot the Windows 2000 setup disks or CD-Rom. The set of four
install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
\bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system)
in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify
additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer
supplied Windows 2000 driver for your ATA100 controller in drive "A"

If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Donal Waide" <donal@crs-its.com> wrote in message
| It is an ATA-100 80GB IDE HDD.

Craig

Hey Donal,

Check out KB317053 - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317053

I hope this helps.

*
Craig
Microsoft Setup Team

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp

See the Windows NT Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!

This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
Microsoft.
**