Add/Remove programs problem

Often, when I bring up the add/remove programs control panel, I get the
following error:
"an unexpected error occurred

Class not registered

res://appwiz.cpl/listbox.htc
Line:225"

It then informs me that no programs are installed on my computer. I was
thinking that this might have something to do with the fact that windows is
not installed on the C: drive on my computer. Instead, due to my partion
set-up, windows is installed on my D: drive. Is there any way I can fix this?
I need to be able to uninstall some software...

Thanks,

Sanborne
1 answer Last reply
More about remove programs problem

    From the "Run" box try;
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\appwiz.cpl

    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\webvw.dll
    to rebuild several *.htt files

    If unsuccessful try
    sfc /purgecache
    sfc /scannow

    Or try the regedits described in;
    Add/Remove Programs Tool Displays Installed Programs Incorrectly

    If the problem persists, you'll likely need to perform an in-place upgrade.

    How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000

    What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change

    Be sure to apply these to your repair install before connecting to any
    network.

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Sanborne" wrote:
    | Often, when I bring up the add/remove programs control panel, I get the
    | following error:
    | "an unexpected error occurred
    |
    | Class not registered
    |
    | res://appwiz.cpl/listbox.htc
    | Line:225"
    |
    | It then informs me that no programs are installed on my computer. I was
    | thinking that this might have something to do with the fact that windows
    is
    | not installed on the C: drive on my computer. Instead, due to my partion
    | set-up, windows is installed on my D: drive. Is there any way I can fix
    this?
    | I need to be able to uninstall some software...
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Sanborne

Computers Windows