Sign in with
Your question

I'm selling my mother and buying a new one

Last response: in Overclocking
March 5, 2007 8:35:40 PM

Hey team,
I'm looking to spend around £100-£200 of my english pounds on a top mobo thats going to see me through the next 1 1/2 - 2 years. I'm looking for something that will support lots of options for ram as well as duel and quad core solutions. I'm also looking for something that will support some of the newer cards because I'm looking to build this for the likes of crysis and what we can expect in the next year on the new dx system. Now ofcourse I'll get a dx10 graphics card in thr eventually but to start with the grpahics will be the weakest link. I'll have a vanilla 7800 in thr i think until theres a few more dx10 options and we can see what they do with the dx10 games.

this humble dwelling seems to hold some good brains in the art of custom building and hardware knowledge. So even though you may be only able to direct me to sites that work in dollars. It would still be handy as a reference point and any opinions and knowledge you cna share are greatfully welcome.

Yours in thanks,
leigh

More about : selling mother buying

March 5, 2007 10:48:59 PM

Quote:
Hey team,
I'm looking to spend around £100-£200 of my english pounds on a top mobo thats going to see me through the next 1 1/2 - 2 years. I'm looking for something that will support lots of options for ram as well as duel and quad core solutions. I'm also looking for something that will support some of the newer cards because I'm looking to build this for the likes of crysis and what we can expect in the next year on the new dx system. Now ofcourse I'll get a dx10 graphics card in thr eventually but to start with the grpahics will be the weakest link. I'll have a vanilla 7800 in thr i think until theres a few more dx10 options and we can see what they do with the dx10 games.

2 questions to ask:
1. do you want good overclocking ability or not?
2. do you want multi-GPU (Crossfire/SLI) ability & if so which do you prefer - AMD/ATi or nVidia?

Quote:
this humble dwelling seems to hold some good brains in the art of custom building and hardware knowledge. So even though you may be only able to direct me to sites that work in dollars. It would still be handy as a reference point and any opinions and knowledge you cna share are greatfully welcome.

believe it or not there are actually a few Euros & even Brits here :lol: 
March 6, 2007 8:51:26 AM

in reply to your questions:

1. I'm not a huge overclocker, if my systems running well and apps are running well and stable, I tend not to mess with it with overclocking. If i did, it would only be slightly. However with expensive gear I doubt i'd attempt it for a little while until im fully familiar with my new system.

2. I'm an nvidia guy, so SLI however this isnt a necessity, only a bonus. If you tihnk SLI is something very worth while for graphic hungry games then put a tick by that one. I've used AMDs however intel seem to have really pulled their finger out with their duel and quad cores so I think I'll probably be looking at what intel has to offer.

thanks
leigh
Related resources
March 6, 2007 9:14:03 AM

Your requirements so far don't sound that demanding & can probably be met by a mobo under £100.
What are your must have features e.g. do you need Firewire, how many PATA or SATA connections etc.?

btw what did your mother say when you told her that you were selling her? :twisted:
March 6, 2007 9:57:21 AM

Quote:
I'm selling my mother and buying a new one

Get one of them there MILF's, they're purdy.
!