disk space needed for win2k upgrade

I have an NT 4 server I am upgrading to Win2K. It has a system partition of
4 gig with only 2 gig free now. will that be enough to do an upgrade or
should I use the second partition (40 gig free) for the OS files

thanks

CR

CR

2GB free normally will work, but might be on the tight side.

You can expand the system/boot partition during an upgrade, but this
requires free space directly after the system/boot partition, as this MS
Knowledge Base article explains:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=289876

If you install on another partition, it won't be an upgrade.

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"MSNews" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I have an NT 4 server I am upgrading to Win2K. It has a system partition of
>4 gig with only 2 gig free now. will that be enough to do an upgrade or
>should I use the second partition (40 gig free) for the OS files
>
>thanks
>
>CR

TRENDING THREADS