PLEASE SUGGEST ME ANY WAYS TO RETRIVE THESE VITAL FILES

PROBLEM: -
==========

One of the PC in my office is loaded with Win'XP home Edition. SP2
upgradation is done and all recent upgrades are done. It has Norton Anti
Virus 2004 with all the recent upgrades.

Recently while working in the internet the PC automatically rebooted twice
and windows dectected that the problem is with norton AV. Then again it
started to reboot but stopped in black screen giving message Windows can not
start as "\windows\system32\config\system" is corrupted or missing. Then
after repeated attempts windows did not start.

Then with the help of another HDD loaded with win'XP I started the PC. But
VERY VITAL files in One user account's my documents folder, ORIGINALLY WHICH
WAS PRIVATE, can not be accessed, copied, moved,shared nor even detected.
Giving message access is denied.

QUESTION: -
===========

#) CAN U SUGGEST ANY WAY TO ACCESS OR COPY THESE FILES?

FURTHER PROBLEM: -
==================

To start the damaged windows'XP I replaced the
"\windows\system32\config\system" file from an working version of the Win'XP.
At these windows began to start normally, but just before the wellcome screen
was about to appear, "lsass.exe" gave a message, "on retriving password it
does not tally with, hence the password is not correct", and it tries
rebooting to give the same output repeatedly.

QUESTION: -
===========

#) CAN U SUGGEST ANY WAY TO BOOT THE DAMAGED WINDOWS?
OR
#) CAN U SUGGEST ANY WAY TO REPAIR THE "\windows\system32\config\system" FILE.

PLEASE SUGGEST ME ANY WAYS TO RETRIVE THESE VITAL FILES.

Waiting very egarly for your suggestions.
2 answers Last reply
More about please suggest ways retrive vital files

    Note: If your original Windows XP CD does not include SP2,
    you'll need to make a new Windows XP CD with SP2 slipstreamed
    before performing a "Repair Install".

    Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
    (integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

    Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
    http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

    or

    AutoStreamer 1.0.33 (preferred)
    http://www.wbeta.com/comments.php?shownews=1063&catid=2

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "debu-babu" wrote:

    | PROBLEM: -
    | ==========
    |
    | One of the PC in my office is loaded with Win'XP home Edition. SP2
    | upgradation is done and all recent upgrades are done. It has Norton Anti
    | Virus 2004 with all the recent upgrades.
    |
    | Recently while working in the internet the PC automatically rebooted twice
    | and windows dectected that the problem is with norton AV. Then again it
    | started to reboot but stopped in black screen giving message Windows can not
    | start as "\windows\system32\config\system" is corrupted or missing. Then
    | after repeated attempts windows did not start.
    |
    | Then with the help of another HDD loaded with win'XP I started the PC. But
    | VERY VITAL files in One user account's my documents folder, ORIGINALLY WHICH
    | WAS PRIVATE, can not be accessed, copied, moved,shared nor even detected.
    | Giving message access is denied.
    |
    | QUESTION: -
    | ===========
    |
    | #) CAN U SUGGEST ANY WAY TO ACCESS OR COPY THESE FILES?
    |
    | FURTHER PROBLEM: -
    | ==================
    |
    | To start the damaged windows'XP I replaced the
    | "\windows\system32\config\system" file from an working version of the Win'XP.
    | At these windows began to start normally, but just before the wellcome screen
    | was about to appear, "lsass.exe" gave a message, "on retriving password it
    | does not tally with, hence the password is not correct", and it tries
    | rebooting to give the same output repeatedly.
    |
    | QUESTION: -
    | ===========
    |
    | #) CAN U SUGGEST ANY WAY TO BOOT THE DAMAGED WINDOWS?
    | OR
    | #) CAN U SUGGEST ANY WAY TO REPAIR THE "\windows\system32\config\system" FILE.
    |

    | PLEASE SUGGEST ME ANY WAYS TO RETRIVE THESE VITAL FILES.
    |
    | Waiting very egarly for your suggestions.

    see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
    see mskb for info on encryption...
    samples
    . Denied Access to Encrypted Files After You Change
    Your Password
    (316994) - Under the following conditions, you may not
    be able to obtain access to your encrypted files: You logged
    on to your computer in a workgroup or in a Microsoft Windows
    NT 4.0 domain.You encrypted files on your local computer by
    using a local user...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316994
    . Encrypted Files Made Available Offline Are Not
    Encrypted on the Client
    (254156) - When you choose to make encrypted files
    available offline, you receive the following warning:
    'Filename' is encrypted. If made available offline, the
    offline copy will not be encrypted. If you continue and make
    the file available offline, the file...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254156
    . HOW TO: Identify Encrypted Files in Windows XP
    (320166) - This step-by-step article describes how to
    identify encrypted files in Microsoft Windows XP. You can
    use the Encrypting File System (EFS) in Windows XP for
    drives that have formatted to use NTFS. EFS provides a way
    to hide file content from other...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320166
    . Unable to Access Encrypted Files After Using
    Sysprep.exe
    (288348) - If you encrypted files on a Windows
    2000-based computer by using Encrypting File System (EFS),
    you may lose the ability to access or decrypt these files if
    you run the System Preparation tool (Sysprep.exe) on the
    computer. This behavior occurs...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288348

    --
    The people think the Constitution protects their
    rights;

    "debu-babu" <debu-babu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message

Windows XP