ntoskrnl.exe error - initial boot - SATA

Hi, i'm making my first attempt at putting together a system with a SATA hdd.
Running a Soyo K8USA mobo, Hitachi 120gb SATA HDD (single hdd). I've gotten
updated ALI SATA drivers from soyo's website and install them during the
windows 2000 boot, partition the HDD into 2 60gig partitions, format the
first partition and attempt to install windows. Files seem to copy correctly,
however, after reboot I get hung at the starting windows screen, with an
error "Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is missing or
corrupt <windows 2000 root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. Please re-install a copy
o the above file."
I've tried initiating the install 5x now with the same response, once I
tried a fixboot from command prompt, the reboot resulted in a similar error,
but for HAL.dll.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about ntoskrnl error initial boot sata

    I apologize for repeated posting... I kept getting an error when I posted,
    and i didnt think it was going through - once again i'm very very sorry.

SATA Windows 2000 Hard Drives Windows