What do pokemon e-cards do?

I just got an e-reader, and I have a few pokemon cards, but what do they
do when you scan them? I haven't tried it yet.

John Salerno wrote:

> I just got an e-reader, and I have a few pokemon cards, but what do they
> do when you scan them? I haven't tried it yet.

That depends on the card. Some cards, like the TCG cards, will show
PokeDex data or play a minigame when scanned. Others, like ticket
cards, berry cards, and trainer battle cards, are only usuable when the
eReader and its GBA are linked to another GBA with Pokemon Ruby or
Sapphire in it. I don't know about Fire Red or Leaf Green, though.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

Chet Weaver would like to point out that Halloween lasts an hour longer
this year wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>

>>I just got an e-reader, and I have a few pokemon cards, but what do they
>>do when you scan them? I haven't tried it yet.
>

> That depends on the card. Some cards, like the TCG cards, will show
> PokeDex data or play a minigame when scanned. Others, like ticket
> cards, berry cards, and trainer battle cards, are only usuable when the
> eReader and its GBA are linked to another GBA with Pokemon Ruby or
> Sapphire in it. I don't know about Fire Red or Leaf Green, though.

I just used the Eon Ticket and got Latios. Mainly I was wondering about
the cards used for the card game. They are scannable, but I didn't know
if the information you can scan is something permanently added to your
pokedex in the game, or if it's just temporary info to read.

John Salerno wrote:

> I just used the Eon Ticket and got Latios. Mainly I was wondering about
> the cards used for the card game. They are scannable, but I didn't know
> if the information you can scan is something permanently added to your
> pokedex in the game, or if it's just temporary info to read.

Both temporary and pointless, since the info displayed on screen is the
same as the info printed on the card.

--

this year wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>

>>I just used the Eon Ticket and got Latios. Mainly I was wondering about
>>the cards used for the card game. They are scannable, but I didn't know
>>if the information you can scan is something permanently added to your
>>pokedex in the game, or if it's just temporary info to read.
>

> Both temporary and pointless, since the info displayed on screen is the
> same as the info printed on the card.

Wow, glad I didn't waste my time trying. :)

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
> Wow, glad I didn't waste my time trying. :)

Yes. Yes you are.

With the mind-boggling amount of e-card/RS integration, it's very surprising
how useless all of it is.

--
Deep Thought