Changing a file string in My Documents

I have a former employee who set up his name as part of the file title in all
files under My Documents. I've been able to change his name from other
areas, but this one I just can't get. File string reads;"My Documents and
Settings/his name/My Documents/file name". How do I get rid of this guy?

Thanks!

Hi,

You are just trying to change "file name", yes? That is the only part you
can change. If you are getting an error message, what is it?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"new to XP" <newtoXP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a former employee who set up his name as part of the file title in
>all
> files under My Documents. I've been able to change his name from other
> areas, but this one I just can't get. File string reads;"My Documents and
> Settings/his name/My Documents/file name". How do I get rid of this guy?
>
> Thanks!

One solution - CUT and PASTE. Cut all the docs under "hisname", Paste to
the directory where you want them ?
When the "hisname" folder/directory (including branches) is empty -
right-click and delete the "hisname" folder.

Sincerely, Len.

"new to XP" <newtoXP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a former employee who set up his name as part of the file title in
>all
> files under My Documents. I've been able to change his name from other
> areas, but this one I just can't get. File string reads;"My Documents and
> Settings/his name/My Documents/file name". How do I get rid of this guy?
>
> Thanks!

SUPPLEMENTARY - when you are SURE you've got ALL the business datafiles
stored under HISNAME user, delete HISNAME log-on. (need Admin privileges to
do this - be VERY sure you've got everything!)

Sincerely, Len.

"new to XP" <newtoXP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a former employee who set up his name as part of the file title in
>all
> files under My Documents. I've been able to change his name from other
> areas, but this one I just can't get. File string reads;"My Documents and
> Settings/his name/My Documents/file name". How do I get rid of this guy?
>
> Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS