Sign in with
Your question

Will my x1950xtx play crysis at 1680x1050?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays

Your Choice For Crysis

Total: 71 votes

• ATI
  • 53 %
  • nVIDIA
  • 48 %
March 5, 2007 11:20:21 PM

With max textures and AF and no AA
March 5, 2007 11:32:35 PM

Well this is a guess but I doubt it.
I mean 2 8800GTX in SLI are getting low 20's mininum FPS using DX10. But then the 8800 drivers aren't really done and crysis also isn't done. I would say crysis is harder to run than Oblivion so in short...
No.
March 6, 2007 12:02:21 AM

No. A X1950XTX will not run Crysis at those settings.
Related resources
March 6, 2007 12:03:31 AM

but i can play oblivion at 60 fps with max AA and AF
March 6, 2007 12:14:33 AM

Yes but if you somehow dip into the low 20's during gameplay, that wouldn't be too good, eh?
March 6, 2007 12:22:21 AM

never before
March 6, 2007 12:24:40 AM

Put it this way; In your wildest dreams. Try medium at 1280x1024, and it'll probably be playable.
March 6, 2007 12:29:48 AM

crap
March 6, 2007 1:02:43 AM

nobody knows yet.. we'll have to see.
March 6, 2007 1:23:08 AM

Quote:
I mean 2 8800GTX in SLI are getting low 20's mininum FPS using DX10. But then the 8800 drivers aren't really done and crysis also isn't done. I would say crysis is harder to run than Oblivion so in short...
No.
Wait, so you have a beta version of Crysis and are running it on two 8800GTX? How about you upload some of your screenshots, or link me to some benchmarks from a credible site.
March 6, 2007 1:33:50 AM

Quote:
No.
Wait, so you have a beta version of Crysis and are running it on two 8800GTX? How about you upload some of your screenshots, or link me to some benchmarks from a credible site.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4555

amazing how sarcastic/bitchy people are on here. some even moronic, like that guy who flamed the person who posted the list of graphics cards.
March 6, 2007 1:35:21 AM

They're not going to release a game that runs like crap on the fastest consumer graphics platform in existence.
March 6, 2007 1:36:47 AM

ATi will run Crysis the best.

Heres the reason:
Have you noticed that soon after each ATi R600 delay (except for the most recent, of course), that Crysis was delayed as well? Correlation? I think so.
March 6, 2007 1:40:44 AM

Quote:
No.

amazing how sarcastic/bitchy people are on here. some even moronic, like that guy who flamed the person who posted the list of graphics cards.

I'm srry but r u guys saying that I'm lying???
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 1:43:47 AM

Quote:

So what's your supposed credible site there? VR-Zone who didn't run the benchmark just reprinted it, or the Chinese site that claims they ran Crysis with full Physics enabled using a PPU, while Crytek says Crysis uses VPU physics, meaning that second GF8800 was likely being used for physics and not graphics, while the PPU was doing nothing.

Eitherway, I don't trust a site that uses a PPU with Crysis in supposed benchmarks.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 1:47:06 AM

What's Crysis, and why did it steal my Duke Nukem Forever !?!

Hey dude you think my MRX700 will play Crysis @ 1400x900, it had no trouble showing the demos! :twisted:

BTW I can't wait to see if Crysis exploses some Geometry shader differences between the R600 and G80, that could be interesting considering that FartCry was one of the first games to make heavy use of geometry instancing.
March 6, 2007 1:48:42 AM

Quote:

So what's your supposed credible site there? VR-Zone who didn't run the benchmark just reprinted it, or the Chinese site that claims they ran Crysis with full Physics enabled using a PPU, while Crytek says Crysis uses VPU physics, meaning that second GF8800 was likely being used for physics and not graphics, while the PPU was doing nothing.

Eitherway, I don't trust a site that uses a PPU with Crysis in supposed benchmarks.

Fine. Lets say it's not credible. So we can guess it will run at 300fps min on SLI right? :lol: 
March 6, 2007 1:54:28 AM

Quote:

Eitherway, I don't trust a site that uses a PPU with Crysis in supposed benchmarks.I don't see why everyone wants the 8800GTX to fail in Crysis so badly; I don't care if the R600 is faster, or if the 8800GTX really isn't fast enough for Crysis, I simply want to hear it from a credible source first.
March 6, 2007 2:01:43 AM

Didn't they show a demo a year ago of crysis running just fine dx9 with 1900xt's in crossfire?
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 2:20:13 AM

I saw that video. Looked ok to me.

EDIT: Dont know what settings they had it on tho.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 2:24:42 AM

Quote:
I don't see why everyone wants the 8800GTX to fail in Crysis so badly; I don't care if the R600 is faster, or if the 8800GTX really isn't fast enough for Crysis, I simply want to hear it from a credible source first.

Yeah, there's little chance the GF8800 will fail. It's had alot of face time with the Crytek developers. At worst it may be slower than the ATi solution, but both will be playable the question is at what level.

Personally I don't doubt that if well coded that Crysis has the potential of truly killing a High end PC when everything is cranked in just the same way FartCry, D3 and Oblivion all did, but hopefully like HL2 and D3 the game will scale well and we'll all have a great time playing it on hardware from the X1600/GF7600 to the G90/R700, and maybe get some replayability later with new hardware where we can go through again with everything cranked.

But I agree 100% either way good or bad, I want a credible review with a GOLD/RTM copy of the game not some 3rd party Chinese site getting everyone's panties in a knot long before we can even download the dang demo.

IMO that Chinese site VR got their info from is no less FUD and no better than the Level505 crap. It's all for page hits, not for true speading info.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 2:34:28 AM

Quote:
I saw that video. Looked ok to me.

EDIT: Dont know what settings they had it on tho.

It was 640x480 and upconverted to 19x10 by the Toshiba DVD player showing the demo. TRUST ME!
March 6, 2007 2:45:55 AM

Quote:
I don't see why everyone wants the 8800GTX to fail in Crysis so badly; I don't care if the R600 is faster, or if the 8800GTX really isn't fast enough for Crysis, I simply want to hear it from a credible source first.

Yeah, there's little chance the GF8800 will fail. It's had alot of face time with the Crytek developers. At worst it may be slower than the ATi solution, but both will be playable the question is at what level.

Personally I don't doubt that if well coded that Crysis has the potential of truly killing a High end PC when everything is cranked in just the same way FartCry, D3 and Oblivion all did, but hopefully like HL2 and D3 the game will scale well and we'll all have a great time playing it on hardware from the X1600/GF7600 to the G90/R700, and maybe get some replayability later with new hardware where we can go through again with everything cranked.

But I agree 100% either way good or bad, I want a credible review with a GOLD/RTM copy of the game not some 3rd party Chinese site getting everyone's panties in a knot long before we can even download the dang demo.

IMO that Chinese site VR got their info from is no less FUD and no better than the Level505 crap. It's all for page hits, not for true speading info.

WTF is wrong with the chinese?
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 2:57:32 AM

Quote:

It's not that they are Chinese that is the problem, it's just so happens that this bad source is Chinese, and so removed from mainstream as to be some 3rd party Chinese site. Now if it were HKePC THEN you'd have something credible, but that site is like a 3rd party British/Canadian/US, 3rd party French, or 3rd part German site, of which I know alot of those too. The reason I point it out is so people don't confuse it with VR-Zone which is actually Singaporean, with the other site which is Chinese.

Until it comes from some top tier site be it Taiwanese, Singaporean, or Bermudan, whatever, it's just another small nothing trying to make a name for itself. And the further away from the fray the easier for them to hide behind the hard to reach barrier to prevent questions of their FUD.

Oh if you were just asking in general, "what's wrong with the Chinese?"

If I had to choose something, I'd say too much RED and too much MSG. :tongue:
March 6, 2007 3:04:37 AM

Yes, at around 5 fps though
March 6, 2007 3:13:19 AM

Quote:

It's not that they are Chinese that is the problem, it's just so happens that this bad source is Chinese, and so removed from mainstream as to be some 3rd party Chinese site. Now if it were HKePC THEN you'd have something credible, but that site is like a 3rd party British/Canadian/US, 3rd party French, or 3rd part German site, of which I know alot of those too. The reason I point it out is so people don't confuse it with VR-Zone which is actually Singaporean, with the other site which is Chinese.

Until it comes from some top tier site be it Taiwanese, Singaporean, or Bermudan, whatever, it's just another small nothing trying to make a name for itself. And the further away from the fray the easier for them to hide behind the hard to reach barrier to prevent questions of their FUD.

Oh if you were just asking in general, "what's wrong with the Chinese?"

If I had to choose something, I'd say too much RED and too much MSG. :tongue:

It's just that when I usually refer to a website, I don't refer to it by it's country of origin but rather it's name/url.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 3:44:20 AM

If you prefer the reference to be language to help you, fine.

I refer to the one that is not the one mis-linked to as VR is not the source, simply reseller of the FUD. Either way it's easy to distinguish the two.

Reposting the link simply contributes to it.

However, whatever works for you though dude.
March 6, 2007 3:45:08 AM

Quote:
crap

Poor baby. You have a better card than most. Suck it, and be content with yourself.
-cm
March 6, 2007 3:49:53 AM

Quote:
crap

Poor baby. You have a better card than most. Suck it, and be content with yourself.
-cmI agree, I only have a 7600GS so I'm not aiming for anything too high. Just to play the game...
March 6, 2007 4:30:55 AM

Quote:

Uh, no? Link

Quote:
nobody knows yet.. we'll have to see.

Agreed, I don't know people ask these questions, becuase no one will really know until we see some official benchmarks, otherwise it's just speculation. And I wouldn't personally put any trust into those benchmarks VR-Zone has.

Quote:
They're not going to release a game that runs like crap on the fastest consumer graphics platform in existence.

SupComm. Puts ALL computers to there knees. Horrible efficiency.
March 6, 2007 4:35:12 AM

Well if a game runs like crap because of bad coding its not the hardware's fault. *cough* FSX *cough*

Hopefully Crysis has received enough publicity that CryTek won't release an inefficient game. I'm expecting it to be well made, like FarCry.
March 6, 2007 4:48:57 AM

Quote:

Uh, no? LinkThe audacity to try a stunt like that. Maybe it's just misperception, or stupidity...whatever it is, it must be great. Maybe I'll try running Oblivion on max with my 7600gs after some of whatever he's having and run it at 50 fps... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
March 6, 2007 6:33:17 AM

How about a 7900GTX running crysis at 1280x1024?
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 10:56:37 AM

Quote:
How about a 7900GTX running crysis at 1280x1024?

It's guesswork at this point, but I'd expect a 7900GTX will be a 1024x768 medium detail card. If you want to run a native 12x10, I'd suspect medium/low details and no eye candy. I'm expecting a bit more out of my X1950XT but still don't know if it'll be 12x10 capable or another game that ends up forcing me to drop to 10x7 to see somewhat high details and ultimately leads to an upgrade. (like Farcry to my 9800 pro, Oblivion to my 6800U, etc. ) Anyway, just my opinion that X1900>7900 in Crysis as early demos were running on a X1900XT and then later crossfire X1900XT, and finally G80.
March 6, 2007 11:04:32 AM

I've seen some demo footage of crysis.. I honestly dont think it will "hammer" my card so much that id have to run everything on low settings...

Coz i will be rendering the game in DX9 anyway. You only really see the eye candy in dx10 - and this means (i think) that a dx9 card wont have to work sooo hard coz it will be ignoring all dx10 stuff.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 11:06:16 AM

Quote:

Uh, no? Link

Yeah, I was biting my tongue on that one, thinking "step out of the sewers". ;)  X1950XTX would never maintain 60 fps outside in Oblivion. And if you talk max AA/AF (6xADAA/16xHQAF), it would be running single digit's in many spots. (I tried that at 12x10 on my X1950XT).

[H]'s no grass settings are plain dumb, but look at FS's max detail tests: http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8800...

12x10 4x/8x the X1950XTX averaged 33 fps out in the foliage. Kinda strange if he can up the res, aa and af and be at 60 fps.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 11:11:37 AM

Quote:
I've seen some demo footage of crysis.. I honestly dont think it will "hammer" my card so much that id have to run everything on low settings...

Yeah, I have some of the same thoughts, just wanted to share the possitive ones. :wink:

Quote:
Coz i will be rendering the game in DX9 anyway. You only really see the eye candy in dx10.

By no eye candy, I was just refering to FSAA set to off, AF off or low depending on detail levels and if the card has anything left to give. Yeah, the most demanding in game effects may be off too if the card is even capable anyway.
March 6, 2007 11:27:14 AM

Additionally, DX10 support sucks anyway.. And Vista is not a solid gaming platform yet... So ill stick with XP and my trusty 7900GTX!! :D 
March 6, 2007 11:27:47 AM

Supposedly in DX9 version of Crysis the quality of destructing/ruining environment will only be around medium compared to high in the DX10 version, whatever that means. Just read this somewhere today while I was surfing the net. Someone has also noticed recently in one of the files of their latest drivers that NVIDIA is planning to release a new card called Geforce 8800 Ultra. It will probably appear before Crysis is released.
March 6, 2007 11:30:45 AM

Would be great if you could provide some links :) 
Would be cool if i could check that card's specs out etc
March 6, 2007 11:33:34 AM

Here is a link: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4727
You can also try searching for "Geforce 8800 Ultra" in Google.
But no one really knows anything about that card yet, it seems.
March 6, 2007 11:46:41 AM

I've managed to find the link to that info on destructability in DX9 and DX10 versions of the game. It was mentioned in a recent interview with game developers focused on modding:
http://www.obsidianedge.net/index.php?option=com_conten...

Q: There has been lots of talk of the optimized Network and Server code you are utilizing for Crysis. Is it too early to say what single player effects will be available to Multiplayer modders? For instance, it possible to have a totally deformable / destructible multi player environment subject to reasonable map size and player numbers?

A: In principle, all of the single player destructibility will be supported in DX10 multiplayer but not DX9 – due to processing limitations and some tricks we might be able to pull to get latency down using DX10 hardware, but see above – it’s not there yet

Q: Following on from this, do you anticipate that a Crysis mod would need to sacrifice any visual integrity in order to work in a multiplayer environment?

A: For DX10 – no, not at all. For DX9 – there’s no breakability, and care needs to be paid to optimize for low-spec machines.
March 6, 2007 11:56:48 AM

Well, we don't know yet, but I don't think the folks at Crytek wish to make a game that would run like crap in the 99% of the systems.

BTW, I don't know if this information is true or not, but googling I found this site with the "System Requirements" needed to run Crysis. I would take it with a grain of salt tho.

Crysis System Requirements
March 6, 2007 12:06:23 PM

Hmm, i think those system requirements seem very realistic. I dont know about you guys, but im always getting the impression from forums etc that "if you dont have a DX10 card, you cant run crysis properly"...

I mean, come on, how likely is it that say, a 7900GTX (which is quite a beast) wont be able to push approx 60 fps at 1280x1024 with decent quality settings??

90% of people dont even own a card thats even close to a 7900GTX, so it would be suicide for a company to release a game that 90% of the public cant enjoy.
March 6, 2007 12:19:53 PM

Quote:
My overclocked 8800GTX doesn't get an average of 60 fps on Oblivion at 1680x1050 with 4xAA 16xAF and all in game settings on the max, so your X1950XTX obviously can't.
March 6, 2007 12:25:25 PM

Quote:

Maybe yrusoad was refering to the "indoor" FPS? If he was, then his claim could very well be true...
March 6, 2007 12:27:34 PM

Oh God no, my CPU is the the minimum requirement nooooooooooooo god no why why why oh nooo oh my god how can this happen to me noooooo im so poor aauughhhhh why why why nooooooo.... <groans> :D 
-cm
March 6, 2007 12:42:17 PM

Those results with the system that it's running on are disheartning. I just can't imagine that a beast of a machine like that is having trouble running the game . I guess that means that people w/o quad and sli 8800's or above are pretty screwed. I just don't think that after the game is optmized it will be that demanding. I guess we'll all have to wait and see. I thought that the ces demo of crysis was running on a single 8800gtx with no problems at all

Marc
March 6, 2007 12:57:06 PM

SupCom certainly doesn't have horrible efficiency. It scales extremely well over processor cores. On a single core it chugs, but on a dual or quad core it improves markedly. Considering most people still run single cores, they probably could have coded better for it, but more and more are jumping on the dual bandwagon, and a few of us have quads. I give them kudos for taking this step, and hope more and more developers start exploiting the performance gains to be had by multi-threaded code.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2007 1:01:06 PM

Quote:

I dunno Farcry did it, along with most of the 3DMark series, Doom3 was another etc ;) 
!