Sign in with
Your question

AMD's stock closes near 2 year low

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
March 5, 2007 11:46:11 PM

Was watching the NASDAQ bomb today and noticed AMD closed at 13.95 today... a nearly 2 year low for the company. I still think it'll hit $11 to $12 before it rebounds.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/05/amd-intel-chips-tech-c...

More about : amd stock closes year low

March 6, 2007 12:34:57 AM

Quote:
Was watching the NASDAQ bomb today and noticed AMD closed at 13.95 today... a nearly 2 year low for the company. I still think it'll hit $11 to $12 before it rebounds.

Possibly even lower if the shareholders approve the new issue of stocks the board of directors is going to ask for. The numbers $7.00 or $8.00 have been bantered around in another thread
March 6, 2007 5:35:58 AM

news flash: To push sales amd acquires new sales partners read below

Kmart will be carrying all amd cpu's - they mistakenly put them in the toy department by the new fisher price digital camera.

Luckly they got them back in to electronics next to the batteries and across from the cd's. The blue light was buy a new dvd and get a semprom for free - i think?

- :twisted: --dam i stopped flaming - :twisted: - it could be a false rumor?
Related resources
March 6, 2007 3:28:36 PM

AMD is actually up today (17 cents right now).

Chartered is also up, even though they note that their AMD wafers ASPs are dropping and analysts believe that this will impact their Q2 earnings negatively.

I'll never understand Wall Street :roll:
March 6, 2007 3:35:45 PM

Quote:
AMD is actually up today (17 cents right now).

Chartered is also up, even though they note that their AMD wafers ASPs are dropping and analysts believe that this will impact their Q2 earnings negatively.

I'll never understand Wall Street :roll:

Postive news on the Intel antitrust and the overall market is up.

Also, not uncommon for a small rally after a large drop... mutual funds are not going to dump all their shares at once... it will be a gradual selloff.

Don't read too much into daily flucations, unless it comes on the heels of news.

Who knows, maybe this is the bottom. Personally, I don't think so.
March 6, 2007 3:35:53 PM

Quote:

It's fun to try to predict stock price movements, and if you have a lot of money to place on your bet, you can win big if you are right.

Of course, a standard warning to anyone: it's definitely gambling if you put money in it for near term trades. And...you'll be playing in a game with some very big pros who make a living fleecing amateurs (and unlucky other pros).

Personally, I buy into the "random walk" idea about these things (which is in the context of the fundamentals which control longer term outcomes).

So, my potshot (and yeah, all these posts *are* potshots!), is we never get below $13.50 unless the Nasdaq goes down another 5%-10%. If the Nasdaq stays flat, it stays near where we are for the moment. If the Nas up, AMD goes up.

More interesting is the potshot for 1 year!

What's your potshot guess for 1 year?

Mine: $20 +/- $3
March 6, 2007 3:57:43 PM

AMD was actually up yesterday it opened at 13.60 on the dilution request news then moved up to 13.95.
March 6, 2007 4:13:49 PM

It will drop below 10$
Which is good... for new buyers at least :) 
March 6, 2007 4:42:55 PM

what else bad can amd say - how can the stock go lower?

the 45u is coming, the r600 will come out eventually, they might even make a good quad core - sho knows!

bad - lost profits, lost revenue, delays delays and more delays -- that's called a bottom it never hit $10
March 6, 2007 4:51:23 PM

Quote:
what else bad can amd say - how can the stock go lower?

the 45u is coming, the r600 will come out eventually, they might even make a good quad core - sho knows!

bad - lost profits, lost revenue, delays delays and more delays -- that's called a bottom it never hit $10

The issuing of new stocks will pull AMD down to sub-$10 range for a while.
March 6, 2007 6:06:59 PM

Quote:
AMD was actually up yesterday it opened at 13.60 on the dilution request news then moved up to 13.95.

Closed on Friday @ $14.18. It was down dramatically at the opening bell on Monday, then recovered a bit... but still closed down @ $13.95.

So far, looks like it will recover some more today.
March 6, 2007 6:29:11 PM

Intel has got to be hurting too. I know I am in the market for a new gaming rig but there is no way in hell I would buy atm. About the time Windows Vista SP 2 arrives, then I will start pricing a machine. Sorry Intel and AMD.
!