Can't access web site internally

Windows 2003 Server running DNS and AD
Domain Name = domain.com
Website = www.domain.com

Whenever anybody internally types in www.domain.com to view our website, it
goes nowhere. Outside the company works fine. This question has been posted
numerous times I'm sure but has anybody figured a way around this without
making a bunch of changes? Isn't there a simple way to add some type of www
record in the internal DNS server that will fwd the request to an external
DNS server?

Any help much appreciated...

Mike

MrMike wrote:
> Windows 2003 Server running DNS and AD
> Domain Name = domain.com
> Website = www.domain.com
>
> Whenever anybody internally types in www.domain.com to view our
> website, it goes nowhere. Outside the company works fine. This
> question has been posted numerous times I'm sure but has anybody
> figured a way around this without making a bunch of changes? Isn't
> there a simple way to add some type of www record in the internal DNS
> server that will fwd the request to an external DNS server?

Yes. In your forward lookup zone, create a host called www, and point it at
the public IP address of your website.

> Any help much appreciated...
>
> Mike

TRENDING THREADS