Dual Boot

I want to setup a dual boot machine. What do I need to install first,
Pro2000 or Server2000? Also, Do I need separate partitions to accomplish
this?

Thanks,
Erin

For these 2 it shouldn't matter which is first. You do need 2 partitions
though. Personally I would install Pro first but I have no real reason for
this ;)

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com"
<EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to setup a dual boot machine. What do I need to install first,
> Pro2000 or Server2000? Also, Do I need separate partitions to accomplish
> this?
>
> Thanks,
> Erin

=?Utf-8?B?RU1jR3JhdGhASENBX05PU1BBTV9WZW5kb3IuY29t?=
<EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I want to setup a dual boot machine. What do I need to install first,
> Pro2000 or Server2000? Also, Do I need separate partitions to
> accomplish this?
>
> Thanks,
> Erin

Scott is correct in that it does not matter which you install first in
this case. The basic rule is to go from oldest to newest. For example
you would install NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP and then Windows Server
2003. All of them would dual boot and if installed in that order all of
them would work. I have had 9 different copies of Windows in a dual boot
before. You do have to put them on different partitions, otherwise they
have to share the same Documents and Settings folder which can cause
problems.

Leonard Severt

Microsoft Enterprise Support.

rights.