Anyone ever trade memory cards?

I know you'd have to really trust someone to do this, but I was
wondering if anyone has ever traded memory cards in order to get
pokemon, now that we have Box at our disposal. I'm thinking you can
either put them on your cart for the entry, then put them back and send
the card back, or that person can breed an egg for you and you take the
egg off the card and send the card back. That'd be a great thing to do
if we trusted each other. It'd be a nice way to get the few pokemon on
the other colored cart, for example, plus the ones you have to choose
between, like the Hitmons.

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>I know you'd have to really trust someone to do this, but I was wondering
>if anyone has ever traded memory cards in order to get pokemon, now that we
>have Box at our disposal.

Never have, no, but it'd certainly work.

> I'm thinking you can either put them on your cart for the entry, then put
> them back and send the card back, or that person can breed an egg for you
> and you take the egg off the card and send the card back. That'd be a
> great thing to do if we trusted each other.

Box makes bulk-swapping much easier, like in the case of trading between,
say, LeafGreen and Sapphire, which both have over a hundred Pokémon that the
other version doesn't. For anything lesser, surely it's much easier (and
safer) to use a link cable or wireless adaptor.

> It'd be a nice way to get the few pokemon on the other colored cart, for
> example, plus the ones you have to choose between, like the Hitmons.

Actually, you don't need to trade AT ALL for all the Hitmons in FL - once
you've unlocked the National Dex, keep breeding the Hitmon you chose with
Ditto until you have enough Tyrogues to ensure you can get the other two.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 106

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>
>>I know you'd have to really trust someone to do this, but I was wondering
>>if anyone has ever traded memory cards in order to get pokemon, now that we
>>have Box at our disposal.
>

> Never have, no, but it'd certainly work.
>

>>I'm thinking you can either put them on your cart for the entry, then put
>>them back and send the card back, or that person can breed an egg for you
>>and you take the egg off the card and send the card back. That'd be a
>>great thing to do if we trusted each other.
>

> Box makes bulk-swapping much easier, like in the case of trading between,
> say, LeafGreen and Sapphire, which both have over a hundred Pokémon that the
> other version doesn't. For anything lesser, surely it's much easier (and
> safer) to use a link cable or wireless adaptor.
>

>>It'd be a nice way to get the few pokemon on the other colored cart, for
>>example, plus the ones you have to choose between, like the Hitmons.
>

> Actually, you don't need to trade AT ALL for all the Hitmons in FL - once
> you've unlocked the National Dex, keep breeding the Hitmon you chose with
> Ditto until you have enough Tyrogues to ensure you can get the other two.

That's true. Ok, the fossils then! :)

And as far as trading cards, I was thinking of people who aren't near
each other, or people who don't know others who play the game to
immediately trade with.

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Actually, you don't need to trade AT ALL for all the Hitmons in FL -
> once you've unlocked the National Dex, keep breeding the Hitmon you
> chose with Ditto until you have enough Tyrogues to ensure you can get
> the other two.

We're all in Ditto-nial. We can't believe he's actually back. It is truly
THE SECOND COMING OF DITTO. KNEEL BEFORE YOUR METAMORPHOSIZING GOD, FOO.

Evolving Tyrouge (a play on Mike Tyson? Nah...) has to do with stats,
correct? If Defense is higher than Attack, or what have you...

--
-----------
Deep Thought

"DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
> Evolving Tyrouge (a play on Mike Tyson? Nah...) has to do with stats,
> correct? If Defense is higher than Attack, or what have you...

Yes. If one or the other is favoured, you get 'Chan or 'Lee
respectively[1]. If they're equal, you get Hitmontop. You can manipulate
this to some degree with the careful use of drugs. Just like the potions in
Alice In Wonderland.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 106

[1] If I recall correctly.

"STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message

>> It'd be a nice way to get the few pokemon on the other colored cart, for
>> example, plus the ones you have to choose between, like the Hitmons.
>
> Actually, you don't need to trade AT ALL for all the Hitmons in FL - once
> you've unlocked the National Dex, keep breeding the Hitmon you chose with
> Ditto until you have enough Tyrogues to ensure you can get the other two.

Well, in GSC, you could give a Tyrogue vitamins at lvl 19 to make sure that
it evolved into the correct one. I'm *ass*u*ming you can do the same thing
now, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Actually, you don't need to trade AT ALL for all the Hitmons in FL - once
>> you've unlocked the National Dex, keep breeding the Hitmon you chose with
>> Ditto until you have enough Tyrogues to ensure you can get the other two.
>
> Well, in GSC, you could give a Tyrogue vitamins at lvl 19 to make sure
> that it evolved into the correct one. I'm *ass*u*ming you can do the same
> thing now, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

This is why I said, two posts later, "You can manipulate this to some degree