Now using SA 8000HD DVR, picture is dark

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 1, 2004 2:55:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.home-theater.misc,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Hi,

I have a Panasonic 50" HD plasma TV. A few days ago, I received the new
SA 8000HD DVR cable box from Time Warner. I've noticed that when using this
new cable box, I must increase the brightness setting on my TV to maximum,
lest everything appear very dark. I didn't have this problem with my
previous SA HD cable box. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

For what it's worth, I can still use my DVD player and/or XBox via the
same component inputs on the TV and will have no need to adjust the
brightness settings at all. I can revert back to the default/factory
brightness settings and everything looks good. It's only the cable box that
exhibits this odd problem. Anything I should try tweaking?

Thanks...
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 2:55:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.home-theater.misc,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

That's the box I had, on HD it was ok, but it was` better on the regular
channels when I bypassed the Box. They got it back and I am without.

"Nick Stokes, CSI" <boggle@jackson.bone> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Panasonic 50" HD plasma TV. A few days ago, I received the
new
> SA 8000HD DVR cable box from Time Warner. I've noticed that when using
this
> new cable box, I must increase the brightness setting on my TV to maximum,
> lest everything appear very dark. I didn't have this problem with my
> previous SA HD cable box. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
>
> For what it's worth, I can still use my DVD player and/or XBox via the
> same component inputs on the TV and will have no need to adjust the
> brightness settings at all. I can revert back to the default/factory
> brightness settings and everything looks good. It's only the cable box
that
> exhibits this odd problem. Anything I should try tweaking?
>
> Thanks...

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 9:21:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.home-theater.misc,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Can you adjust settings by input on your set?

I found no difference going from the 3250 to 8000HD.

Here is a huge SA 8000HD thread (over 450 replies) that might have an answer
for you
http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/forum/showthread.php?t...
!