Windows 2000 Pro will not Boot After Update

Windows 2000 Professional. I am sending a system out to the field and wanted
to clean it up before sending. I reinstalled Windwos 2000 Pro from scratch.
No problem. I reinstalled my Office XP Pro and other tools. No problem. My
system reboot fine after each of these. I went to the Microsoft Windows
Update site and installed critical and other updates. I went through a few
iterations of installs and reboots. No problem. After the final install of
a driver update (for video) and install of Roxio CD Burning SW, the system
would not reboot. It comes up on the Windows 2000 Pro startup screen (the
color display with the Windows logo), but the speedometer only goes about 1/2
way across and goes no further. No matter how many times I power off and
retry, I get the same result. I can however do a "safe mode" boot. What can
I do to fix this? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 boot update

    Go into safe mode and remove the Roxio program and see if that helps. If not
    removethe driver for the video card and see if that helps. Sounds like on
    these is causing the issue!?!?

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Chaplain Doug" <ChaplainDoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows 2000 Professional. I am sending a system out to the field and
    wanted
    > to clean it up before sending. I reinstalled Windwos 2000 Pro from
    scratch.
    > No problem. I reinstalled my Office XP Pro and other tools. No problem.
    My
    > system reboot fine after each of these. I went to the Microsoft Windows
    > Update site and installed critical and other updates. I went through a
    few
    > iterations of installs and reboots. No problem. After the final install
    of
    > a driver update (for video) and install of Roxio CD Burning SW, the system
    > would not reboot. It comes up on the Windows 2000 Pro startup screen (the
    > color display with the Windows logo), but the speedometer only goes about
    1/2
    > way across and goes no further. No matter how many times I power off and
    > retry, I get the same result. I can however do a "safe mode" boot. What
    can
    > I do to fix this? Thanks.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows