GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 Fan Connectors?!?

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
So I read over the specs for this mobo and from what I can see, it only has one case fan connector. Tell me it ain't so!

The case configuration I'm hoping for is 3 120mm fans and (possibly, because the case comes with it) 1 80mm. I know it's pry overkill... but hey, sometimes you just wanna go big. At the very least I'd hope to be able to have 2 120mm (Front and Back) on mobo control. The PSU I'm hoping to get will have 1 extra fan controller but that leaves me at least one down.

Did I read the specs wrong? Hopefully yes. But if not, what might be some good options to have 3 fans running on a mobo that only supports one.

mekender

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
ok first of all what case are you getting... case fans might use 4 pin molex instead of 3 or 4 pin fan connectors...

secondly, the Rev 1.0 of that board has 2 connectors, the rev 3.3 has 4

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks for the info. Is there any way to check the rev. on NewEgg? I scanned the specs but couldn't tell which one is being sold. I would assume that the latest rev. is the one being sold but hey, never know.

mekender

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
no it would make too much sense to have that happen wouldnt it?...

i ordered all my parts at once from newegg, everything but the case and the CPU cooler came in the same box... in addition, everything but my CPU cooler came from their TN warehouse... the board i first got was rev 1.0 ... i had a bad memory controller (machine wouldn't boot with 2 sticks of ram installed) so i RMA'd the board.. the replacement came from the NJ warehouse and was a rev 3.3... i suspect that some of the warehouses have the rev 1.0, others have 2.0 or 3.3... its kinda a crapshoot... there are other retailers out there that will tell you what revision you are getting, and one that i found was cheaper than newegg... ahh yes here it is

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA4830994

its actually the same price as newegg right now