Task Schedule Not running properly

We have Windows2000 Server (SP3) running on Citrix. I have created a Visual
Basic EXE which calls a COM module. The COM module access the database and
also uses files stored in network drives. My domain account has
administrative privilege on this machine. I created a task which calls the
Visual Basic EXE using my administrative user id and password. The following
happens:
1. The task does not start at the scheduled time.
2. When I start the task manually, it does not stop.
3. The task is not doing what it supposed to do. (I tested the program in
debug mode and there is no infinite loop etc.)

Any idea what is causing this issue? Any suggestions on what should I do to
correct this issue?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Paddy
1 answer Last reply
More about task schedule running properly

    "TomCat" <TomCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have Windows2000 Server (SP3) running on Citrix. I have created a
    Visual
    > Basic EXE which calls a COM module. The COM module access the database and
    > also uses files stored in network drives. My domain account has
    > administrative privilege on this machine. I created a task which calls the
    > Visual Basic EXE using my administrative user id and password. The
    following
    > happens:
    > 1. The task does not start at the scheduled time.
    > 2. When I start the task manually, it does not stop.
    > 3. The task is not doing what it supposed to do. (I tested the program in
    > debug mode and there is no infinite loop etc.)
    >
    > Any idea what is causing this issue? Any suggestions on what should I do
    > correct this issue?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Paddy

    1. The task does not start at the scheduled time.
    Create a simple batch file as below to ensure that you're doing
    the right thing with the Task Scheduler. When it works, add your
    VB .exe file.
    @echo off
    echo %date% %time% > c:\test.log
    rem c:\Tools\SomeVB.exe 1>>c:\test.log 2>c:\test.err

    2. When I start the task manually, it does not stop.
    Run your VB .exe file from the Command Prompt ***before***
    running it under the Task Scheduler. Pay particular attention to
    the network resources it requires. Does the account used for
    the Task Scheduler have sufficient authority to access these resources?

    3. The task is not doing what it supposed to do. (I tested the program in
    debug mode and there is no infinite loop etc.)
    In the absence of any details, how are we supposed to know
    what it's supposed to be doing? You wrote the VB program,
    hence you are in the best position to add appropriate diagnostics
    to the code!

Windows