Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will there be a "Yellow" for GBA?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 11:32:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Has anyone heard of any plans for a port of Yellow, to complete the
FR/LG trio? I wonder what it would be called...Sun Yellow or something. :) 

More about : yellow gba

October 14, 2004 5:12:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

> Has anyone heard of any plans for a port of Yellow, to complete the
> FR/LG trio? I wonder what it would be called...Sun Yellow or something. :) 

More like Pika Yellow. They know who sells.

Not that I know of, but in the future, who knows? As long as the pokemon
games still continue to be popular, I assume they'll still continue to
make and upgrade them.

A few years from now we may be trying to catch all 1001 pokemon. There
will be four game paks for our Ultra Game Boy (Kanto, Hoenn, Johto and Orre).
And none of them will have Mew.


--
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 7:31:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>Has anyone heard of any plans for a port of Yellow, to complete the
>FR/LG trio? I wonder what it would be called...Sun Yellow or something. :) 

No.

You cannot be this stupid. You simply cannot.



Jose L. Solano
-------------------------------
A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
-------------------------------
"It's too damn safe."
Related resources
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 7:31:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Jose L. Solano wrote:
>>Has anyone heard of any plans for a port of Yellow, to complete the
>>FR/LG trio? I wonder what it would be called...Sun Yellow or something. :) 
>
>
> No.
>
> You cannot be this stupid. You simply cannot.

::sigh::

When I see someone has responded to my posts, I always have this brief
moment of "Oh boy, someone has an answer to my question!"

And then I see that it's you...
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 8:42:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>When I see someone has responded to my posts, I always have this brief
>moment of "Oh boy, someone has an answer to my question!"
>
>And then I see that it's you...
>

I'll be more helpful this time.

If you need to ask this question, you don't deserve to know the answer.



Jose L. Solano
-------------------------------
A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
-------------------------------
"It's too damn safe."
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 8:42:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Jose L. Solano wrote:
>>When I see someone has responded to my posts, I always have this brief
>>moment of "Oh boy, someone has an answer to my question!"
>>
>>And then I see that it's you...
>>
>
>
> I'll be more helpful this time.
>
> If you need to ask this question, you don't deserve to know the answer.

I figured the answer would be no, but I wasn't sure. I assumed that
maybe FR/LG were just released in order to make all pokemon available
(well, that *was* the reason), but I wouldn't be surprised if they
re-released Yellow.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 9:48:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
news:q_GdnR3vp9WskvPcRVn-qQ@rcn.net...
>>>When I see someone has responded to my posts, I always have this brief
>>>moment of "Oh boy, someone has an answer to my question!"
>>>
>>>And then I see that it's you...
>>
>> I'll be more helpful this time.
>>
>> If you need to ask this question, you don't deserve to know the answer.
>
> I figured the answer would be no, but I wasn't sure. I assumed that maybe
> FR/LG were just released in order to make all pokemon available (well,
> that *was* the reason), but I wouldn't be surprised if they re-released
> Yellow.

They've already announced the next wave of games (Pearl and Diamond) -
Nintendo never announce a new game before a chronologically inferior game is
released. Emerald wasn't announced until after FL was out. Pearl and
Diamond weren't announced until after Emerald was out. There's absolutely
no reason to imagine they'll remake Yellow.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 106
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 9:48:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:1097772500.319114@leri.aber.ac.uk...

> They've already announced the next wave of games (Pearl and Diamond) -
> Nintendo never announce a new game before a chronologically inferior game
> is released. Emerald wasn't announced until after FL was out. Pearl and
> Diamond weren't announced until after Emerald was out. There's absolutely
> no reason to imagine they'll remake Yellow.

That's too bad. I now some people have an irrational fear of Pikachu or
something, but Yellow was the first game I got. I always liked having the
little rat trail around after me, and wished they would do it for some of
the other games.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 1:19:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

> Has anyone heard of any plans for a port of Yellow, to complete the
> FR/LG trio? I wonder what it would be called...Sun Yellow or something. :) 

The trilogy was Red/Blue/Green
Now it's Fire Red/Leaf Green.

The logical step would be Water Blue

If Yellow, it would be Electric Yellow
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 6:16:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Disruptor" <mathews1@gte.net> wrote in message
news:416EED75.85BB509B@gte.net...
>> Has anyone heard of any plans for a port of Yellow, to complete the
>> FR/LG trio? I wonder what it would be called...Sun Yellow or something.
>> :) 
>
> The trilogy was Red/Blue/Green
> Now it's Fire Red/Leaf Green.
>
> The logical step would be Water Blue

That's not true. Blue was simply a visual update of Red/Green. It
contained nothing new gameplay-wise.

Yellow, on the other hand, added a whole host of new features that have
survived for GSC, RS and FL - happiness (albeit on Pikachu only), trainer
Pokémon knowing TM or HM moves, different PokéDex info (I believe Yellow was
the first game to have different info) and so on. That's not to mention the
one-off changes like Jessie and James, Pikachu following you around on the
screen, the ability to obtain all three starters, a different layout to
Unknown Dungeon and so on.

If you believe Blue completes the trilogy better than Yellow, then I can
only assume you're still waiting for the REAL third game for GS, since
Crystal obviously changes too many things.

> If Yellow, it would be Electric Yellow

It'd be very weird if they remade Yellow. That's not to say I'm completely
against the idea that there might be a third game to the FL series, but I do
think it's very unlikely.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 106
!