HELP!!! WINDOWS 2000 with XP Clients

I am running a Windows 2000 server. I have added all of the user names to
Domain Users. The client machines were on a peer-to-peer network. When I
change them to the domain they add a new user to the client machines. They
logon to the Domain but I lose all of the setting and information that was on
them, unless I sign on to the local machine. Is there a way to add the
profile from the client to be recognized as the logon. or to merge the two
users?

Use the Copy To function to copy the local profile over the domain profile.
Control Panel|System|Advanced|User Profiles|Settings

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"pccdude" wrote:
|I am running a Windows 2000 server. I have added all of the user names to
| Domain Users. The client machines were on a peer-to-peer network. When I
| change them to the domain they add a new user to the client machines. They
| logon to the Domain but I lose all of the setting and information that was
on
| them, unless I sign on to the local machine. Is there a way to add the
| profile from the client to be recognized as the logon. or to merge the two
| users?

Dave,
The "Copy To" option is grayed out. Who do I need to be logged on as?
At what point of the deployment should I be coying this?

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Use the Copy To function to copy the local profile over the domain profile.
> Control Panel|System|Advanced|User Profiles|Settings
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "pccdude" wrote:
> |I am running a Windows 2000 server. I have added all of the user names to
> | Domain Users. The client machines were on a peer-to-peer network. When I
> | change them to the domain they add a new user to the client machines. They
> | logon to the Domain but I lose all of the setting and information that was
> on
> | them, unless I sign on to the local machine. Is there a way to add the
> | profile from the client to be recognized as the logon. or to merge the two
> | users?

Logged on as local administrator.