How to setup NTP Server on Win2000?

Hello,

How to configure Win2000 box to run as NTP Server. This server needs to be a
time source for the other servers on the network.
Right now I can see that "Windows Time" service is running but when I try to
synchronize other computers with this server I get error saying "no server
suitable for synchronization found".
(I have no FireWall running)

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Tom
1 answer Last reply
More about setup server win2000

    You have a response in win2000.applications

    Cross-post when necessary, but never multi-post. Cross-posting is when you
    include two or more groups in the "Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario
    the message and all responses are seen in all groups that the message was
    cross-posted to. In other words any replies will automatically propagate to
    the other newsgroup posts.

    Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
    individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
    posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
    you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. So those that
    frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. It may
    seem like a small thing to keep track of. But some of us actively traverse
    50 or more groups. The poster also then must search out all of the posts to
    see if there was a response.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Tom" <tom@killspam.com> wrote in message
    | Hello,
    |
    | How to configure Win2000 box to run as NTP Server. This server needs to be
    | time source for the other servers on the network.
    | Right now I can see that "Windows Time" service is running but when I try
    | synchronize other computers with this server I get error saying "no server
    | suitable for synchronization found".
    | (I have no FireWall running)
    |

    | Any help is greatly appreciated,
    | Tom