Problem connecting to Domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
November 16, 2004 11:41:02 PM

Hi,

I have an SBS 2003 Server (DC), and another 2003 standard server at the head
office. (192.168.1.x)

I have two remote servers connecting Via a VPN (512/512 DSL Connection). The
DNS Settings for the remote servers are set to the SBS 2003.
(192.168.2.x) The reverse DNS has been setup on the DNS Server.

At the moment I have one server that I have joined to the domain. It joins
to the domain without any problems. It takes about 3 mins to join to the
domain.
Reboot, Login to the domain. This takes about 15 mins to login.

Once the computer logs in I can not browse to the SBS Server, I receive
Access Denied error messages. Somtimes I when trying to browse i will get a
popup box to enter a username and password. If i enter the username and
password i can then browse.

I have tested both servers they both do the same.

I get the following errors in the event log. If anyone has any ideas what
may cause this it will be a great help.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1054
Date: 17/11/2004
Time: 1:41:57 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: SBS-BACKUP
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network.
(An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: LSASRV
Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
Event ID: 40960
Date: 17/11/2004
Time: 1:45:40 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBS-BACKUP
The Security System detected an authentication error for the server
cifs/sbs. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There
are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
(0xc000005e)".

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: LSASRV
Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
Event ID: 40961
Date: 17/11/2004
Time: 1:45:40 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBS-BACKUP
The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server
cifs/sbs. No authentication protocol was available.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 11:43:03 PM

Just to Add,

The remote servers are both running windows 2003 Standard.

!