mrmez

Splendid
Just finished this sys on the w/e.
even with the 4300 at 2.7G it is still faster than my 925D at 3.7G, so im happy.

Not pleased with the OC atm :(
Not runing water atm. but i seem to be maxed out at ~330fsbx9=2.97
Running 1:1 and have applied all of my skillz and advice, CANNOT get any post near 350.

Have upped the vcore to ~1.4! and other bits to +0.1. Nothing. Maybe ive got a dull chip. Any advice appreciated.

Running 1.15v @ 2.7 prime stable.

___EDIT___

Just heard about an fsb hole from low 300s to 400. Now i just gotta figure out how/if i can change the multi on the p5b-d

pinkcaddy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
The multiplier is easily changed on the P5B Deluxe. Go to Advanced, then CPU Configuration, then enable "Modify Ratio Support" and drop it to 8. I've run into the same wall, but haven't had the time to mess around with my system. I've got it running at 9x320 for now. I want to stay at the 9x multiplier if I can, but we'll see.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I concur!
Try slapping the multiplier and upping the fsb slowly towards 400.
It might not be able to reach it though not all can.
However you can up your ram a few notches and vcore a few as needed.
It's up to you how far you wanna go though.
I wouldn't suggest over 2.3vdimm or +.1.45(even that's much higher than I'd like)for vcore.

If your happy though as is then so be it.

mrmez

Splendid
Played around this morning...
Seems the mulit i select doesnt change stability. If it didnt work at 350x9, it didnt work at 350x6. :? :? :?
Smashed the vcore, fsb, nb and ram voltage up got it to boot at ~ 3.3Ghz/370x9.
Also as i said... running at 2.7Ghz/300x9 at 1.15v is CRAZY low from what ive read.

So... it seems ive got a decent chip, but somewhere the mobo or settings are letting me down.

Oh, and the 3.3Ghz i THINK was under 1.4v, but im not good with details at 5am

More tonight