Window explorer opening when inserting a CD

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

When I insert a CD without an autorun file windows explorer opens and
displays the contents of the CD. Can I prevent this action from happening
and still be able to autorun CD with an autorun file

Yes. You told it to autoopen once (Always Do This Action). Right click the drive in My Comp - Properties - Autoplay to change.

"randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DA57964-212C-489B-9E5E-37B45DDB8D74@microsoft.com...
> When I insert a CD without an autorun file windows explorer opens and
> displays the contents of the CD. Can I prevent this action from happening
> and still be able to autorun CD with an autorun file

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

I tried this but it also disables autorun on the CDs with an autorun file.

"David Candy" wrote:

> Yes. You told it to autoopen once (Always Do This Action). Right click the drive in My Comp - Properties - Autoplay to change.

> "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DA57964-212C-489B-9E5E-37B45DDB8D74@microsoft.com...
> > When I insert a CD without an autorun file windows explorer opens and
> > displays the contents of the CD. Can I prevent this action from happening
> > and still be able to autorun CD with an autorun file

What does?

"randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FC55727-1953-4B7F-BF53-01B9AC2A5727@microsoft.com...
>I tried this but it also disables autorun on the CDs with an autorun file.
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Yes. You told it to autoopen once (Always Do This Action). Right click the drive in My Comp - Properties - Autoplay to change.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DA57964-212C-489B-9E5E-37B45DDB8D74@microsoft.com...
>> > When I insert a CD without an autorun file windows explorer opens and
>> > displays the contents of the CD. Can I prevent this action from happening
>> > and still be able to autorun CD with an autorun file

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

uWhen I go into the Properties Autoplay tab of the CD drive I get a drop down
box to select different type of CDs( i.e. music, mix media). I set each one
of them to take no action. Once I did not none of the CD would autorun
including the ones with an autorun file

"David Candy" wrote:

> What does?

> "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FC55727-1953-4B7F-BF53-01B9AC2A5727@microsoft.com...
> >I tried this but it also disables autorun on the CDs with an autorun file.
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. You told it to autoopen once (Always Do This Action). Right click the drive in My Comp - Properties - Autoplay to change.
> >>
> >> --

TRENDING THREADS