Pokémon Colosseum error

Last response: in Video Games
October 18, 2004 3:25:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon,tnn.games.pokemon (More info?)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but in the battle tower (or
battle colosseum tower), the one where it just opens later in the game and
you battle some of the bosses again, when you go up after getting all three
or four coloured lock pieces, in one of the side rooms, the cafeteria or
something like that I think, if you walk into the corner where there is a
plant or table or something so that there's only room for one character to
go at a time, then you get stuck and can't walk back out. Basically all you
can do is reset. Anyone else experienced this before. Sorry for the bad
descriptions, but I haven't played this game for a while so forgot the names
of a few places and exact locations.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 3:25:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, alt.games.pokemon, tnn.games.pokemon (More info?)

They should have just turned off collision on your partner, so you
would simply pass through her. I don't see any real reason for her to
interact with the environment at all.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 4:03:06 AM

Chriz wrote:
> I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but in the battle tower (or
> battle colosseum tower), the one where it just opens later in the game and
> you battle some of the bosses again, when you go up after getting all three
> or four coloured lock pieces, in one of the side rooms, the cafeteria or
> something like that I think, if you walk into the corner where there is a
> plant or table or something so that there's only room for one character to
> go at a time, then you get stuck and can't walk back out. Basically all you
> can do is reset. Anyone else experienced this before. Sorry for the bad
> descriptions, but I haven't played this game for a while so forgot the names
> of a few places and exact locations.

I was wondering if there were any such places. I know I've had close
calls elsewhere in the game. They probably should have had some kind
of swap animation, where if you walk into the girl then she walks past
you automatically, turning to the side or somesuch so as to make it
look like they aren't simply suspending the bounding boxes.
October 18, 2004 5:43:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon,tnn.games.pokemon (More info?)

Once upon a time Adrian Tymes decided to write:

> Chriz wrote:
>> I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but in the battle
>> tower (or battle colosseum tower), the one where it just opens later
>> in the game and you battle some of the bosses again, when you go up
>> after getting all three or four coloured lock pieces, in one of the
>> side rooms, the cafeteria or something like that I think, if you
>> walk into the corner where there is a plant or table or something so
>> that there's only room for one character to go at a time, then you
>> get stuck and can't walk back out. Basically all you can do is
>> reset. Anyone else experienced this before. Sorry for the bad
>> descriptions, but I haven't played this game for a while so forgot
>> the names of a few places and exact locations.
>
> I was wondering if there were any such places. I know I've had close
> calls elsewhere in the game. They probably should have had some kind
> of swap animation, where if you walk into the girl then she walks past
> you automatically, turning to the side or somesuch so as to make it
> look like they aren't simply suspending the bounding boxes.

Yeh, basically the girls traps you in that corner. I tried for 5-10 mins and
there was no way to make her move out of the way so that I could push
through. In the Agate village (sp?) where the elderly live, sometimes when
you cut the corners of a decline quickly turning back in the opposite
direction quickly, the girl stays at the top level and even stays at the
edge of where the top area's end, not being able to follow you.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 9:52:48 PM

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Once upon a time Adrian Tymes decided to write:
>
>> Chriz wrote:
>>> I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but in the battle
>>> tower (or battle colosseum tower), the one where it just opens later
>>> in the game and you battle some of the bosses again, when you go up
>>> after getting all three or four coloured lock pieces, in one of the
>>> side rooms, the cafeteria or something like that I think, if you
>>> walk into the corner where there is a plant or table or something so
>>> that there's only room for one character to go at a time, then you
>>> get stuck and can't walk back out. Basically all you can do is
>>> reset. Anyone else experienced this before. Sorry for the bad
>>> descriptions, but I haven't played this game for a while so forgot
>>> the names of a few places and exact locations.
>>
>> I was wondering if there were any such places. I know I've had close
>> calls elsewhere in the game. They probably should have had some kind
>> of swap animation, where if you walk into the girl then she walks past
>> you automatically, turning to the side or somesuch so as to make it
>> look like they aren't simply suspending the bounding boxes.
>
> Yeh, basically the girls traps you in that corner. I tried for 5-10 mins
> and there was no way to make her move out of the way so that I could push
> through. In the Agate village (sp?) where the elderly live, sometimes when
> you cut the corners of a decline quickly turning back in the opposite
> direction quickly, the girl stays at the top level and even stays at the
> edge of where the top area's end, not being able to follow you.

I love doing that to her <eg> I am cheesed they took away having a girl
protagonist. This last time playing I named my "hero" after me.. odd seeing
a guy named Misty but..

Maybe the next next set will have that option... one can only dream.

--
~misty
http://mistymage.com

Chriz wrote:

> In the Agate village (sp?) where the elderly live, sometimes when
> you cut the corners of a decline quickly turning back in the opposite
> direction quickly, the girl stays at the top level and even stays at the
> edge of where the top area's end, not being able to follow you.

I've done that before. If she strays too far behind, she somehow finds
a way over to you when you can't see her. Kinda like Tails does in
Sonic the Hedgehog 2, except without the flying.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

October 21, 2004 8:29:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon,tnn.games.pokemon (More info?)

Chet Weaver would like to point out that Halloween lasts an hour longer
this year wrote:
> Chriz wrote:
>> In the Agate village (sp?) where the elderly live, sometimes when you
>> cut the corners of a decline quickly turning back in the opposite
>> direction quickly, the girl stays at the top level and even stays at
>> the edge of where the top area's end, not being able to follow you.
>
> I've done that before. If she strays too far behind, she somehow finds
> a way over to you when you can't see her. Kinda like Tails does in
> Sonic the Hedgehog 2, except without the flying.

Or when you go into any elevator, for instance either of the ones
leading into/out of The Under: you board first, then she boards, and
she's at the door. Scene switch without any apparent motion from either
one (relative to the elevator), and the two change places.

If I were to write a fanfic about it, I'd be strongly tempted to write
her as a psychic who doesn't know she's psychic but keeps pulling off
various tricks - which she doesn't notice (or, at least, doesn't let on
that she notices, even if she notices the effects, like being able to
see dark auras around shadow pokemon), the hero ignores (being the
less-than-sociable type that he is), but possibly invoke more fear-type
awe in those they meet than the hero's own antics. Like, say, when an
assassin jumps the hero, only to land in pieces without being visibly
attacked, then the girl asks if the hero is okay.
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 5:01:39 PM

Adrian Tymes wrote:

> If I were to write a fanfic about it, I'd be strongly tempted to write
> her as a psychic who doesn't know she's psychic but keeps pulling off
> various tricks - which she doesn't notice (or, at least, doesn't let on
> that she notices, even if she notices the effects, like being able to
> see dark auras around shadow pokemon), the hero ignores (being the
> less-than-sociable type that he is), but possibly invoke more fear-type
> awe in those they meet than the hero's own antics. Like, say, when an
> assassin jumps the hero, only to land in pieces without being visibly
> attacked, then the girl asks if the hero is okay.

Like when Togepi would bust out with Metronome in the show and no one
realizes she's doing it?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

October 23, 2004 5:10:00 AM

this year wrote:
> Adrian Tymes wrote:
>> If I were to write a fanfic about it, I'd be strongly tempted to write
>> her as a psychic who doesn't know she's psychic but keeps pulling off
>> various tricks - which she doesn't notice (or, at least, doesn't let on
>> that she notices, even if she notices the effects, like being able to
>> see dark auras around shadow pokemon), the hero ignores (being the
>> less-than-sociable type that he is), but possibly invoke more fear-type
>> awe in those they meet than the hero's own antics. Like, say, when an
>> assassin jumps the hero, only to land in pieces without being visibly
>> attacked, then the girl asks if the hero is okay.
>>
> Like when Togepi would bust out with Metronome in the show and no one
> realizes she's doing it?

Kind of, but almost the opposite. The hero definitely notices; he just
doesn't mention it. The girl doesn't notice despite being the one doing
it (where Togepi definitely knew what she was doing). And anyone else
who notices also fails to ask her about it - either deliberately (say,
because they're afraid of her), or because they are unable to (as with
the assassin above).

Maybe I will write it, if I can hook it to enough of a plot worth
writing...
!