lanmanserver

Hello,

Is there a way to reinstall the "server" service on a Windows 2000 Sp4
workstation. I believe the "lanmanserver" registry key got corrupted on one
of
my machines and I can't map any drives to it in my small workgroup network.

Regards,

duha
2 answers Last reply
More about lanmanserver

    duha wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there a way to reinstall the "server" service on a Windows 2000 Sp4
    > workstation. I believe the "lanmanserver" registry key got corrupted on one
    > of
    > my machines and I can't map any drives to it in my small workgroup network.

    In your previous post in the file_system group I missed that it was
    about the server service, my fault. Then you may try to delete and
    reinstall the "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks" instead.

    --
    Olof Lagerkvist
    ICQ: 724451

    Thank you Olof, reinstalling file and print sharing fixed it.

    duha

    "Olof Lagerkvist" wrote:

    > duha wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Is there a way to reinstall the "server" service on a Windows 2000 Sp4
    > > workstation. I believe the "lanmanserver" registry key got corrupted on one
    > > of
    > > my machines and I can't map any drives to it in my small workgroup network.
    >
    > In your previous post in the file_system group I missed that it was
    > about the server service, my fault. Then you may try to delete and
    > reinstall the "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks" instead.
    >
    > --
    > Olof Lagerkvist
    > ICQ: 724451
    > Web page: http://here.is/olof