  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 2, 2004 4:21:01 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to reinstall the "server" service on a Windows 2000 Sp4
workstation. I believe the "lanmanserver" registry key got corrupted on one
of
my machines and I can't map any drives to it in my small workgroup network.

Regards,

duha

More about : lanmanserver

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 4:33:17 AM

duha wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to reinstall the "server" service on a Windows 2000 Sp4
> workstation. I believe the "lanmanserver" registry key got corrupted on one
> of
> my machines and I can't map any drives to it in my small workgroup network.

In your previous post in the file_system group I missed that it was
about the server service, my fault. Then you may try to delete and
reinstall the "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks" instead.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Thank you Olof, reinstalling file and print sharing fixed it.

duha