How to edit boot.ini for a mirror?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 6, 2004 1:51:02 AM

Hi,
I just created a windows mirror with 2 scsi drives. So this is what I have

a 72gig scsi drive split in 2 partitions.
We added a second drive, I updgraded the first to a dynamic disk and then
ran a mirror exactly as the first one was.

So I have a mirror for the OS partition and a mirror running against the
data partition. The disks are now regenerating. When I created the mirror
I got a prompt that I would have to edit the boot.ini?
Does anyone know exactly what has to happen for that to work?

More about : edit boot ini mirror

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 12:15:02 PM

That you have to do say when the first drive get crashed and now you had to
boot from the second drive. To modify boot.ini file for mirrored drive you
need to change the rdisk parameter in boot.ini file.

Say you have boot.ini file with these entries

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

to make it work for mirrored drive you had to change it like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP

!