How to edit boot.ini for a mirror?

Hi,
I just created a windows mirror with 2 scsi drives. So this is what I have

a 72gig scsi drive split in 2 partitions.
We added a second drive, I updgraded the first to a dynamic disk and then
ran a mirror exactly as the first one was.

So I have a mirror for the OS partition and a mirror running against the
data partition. The disks are now regenerating. When I created the mirror
I got a prompt that I would have to edit the boot.ini?
Does anyone know exactly what has to happen for that to work?
1 answer Last reply
More about edit boot mirror

    That you have to do say when the first drive get crashed and now you had to
    boot from the second drive. To modify boot.ini file for mirrored drive you
    need to change the rdisk parameter in boot.ini file.

    Say you have boot.ini file with these entries

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

    to make it work for mirrored drive you had to change it like this

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP

    "Fletch" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I just created a windows mirror with 2 scsi drives. So this is what I have
    >
    > a 72gig scsi drive split in 2 partitions.
    > We added a second drive, I updgraded the first to a dynamic disk and then
    > ran a mirror exactly as the first one was.
    >
    > So I have a mirror for the OS partition and a mirror running against the
    > data partition. The disks are now regenerating. When I created the mirror
    > I got a prompt that I would have to edit the boot.ini?
    > Does anyone know exactly what has to happen for that to work?

Partition Boot Mirror SCSI Microsoft Windows