Outlook 2007 windows 7 64 bit error out of memory

GerdaA

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hello,

I'm using Outlook 2007 on a Windows 2007 OS with a gmail account (pop3). When I send and receive I get the error message "
reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'"
I don't have any other windows or programs open... Don't know what to do, please help.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hello, & Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

First thing to do is to find out if your have used up your RAM resources when running Outlook, or this is due to another issue.
Open only Outlook as a running application, then:

Start the Task Manager, and click on the Performance Tab. In the bottom section it will show you how much physical RAM you have, the amount cached, available and amount free. In the status bar, it also shows you the % free RAM.

Then check to see if you possibly turned off the PageFile system, or how big the pagefile is. Go to the Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced. See if the PageFile is on, and how big it is set for.

Report back what you find there.

GerdaA

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I have a total of 1910, cached 839, available 882, free 51. The percentage of physical memory is 53%.

The total paging file for all drives is 1910 MB...

I have no idea what all this means :)

Thanks for your reply...

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi again,

You might check one other place for info about your physical RAM. On the Task Manager at the bottom, click on the Resource Monitor button. In the lower graphical section it tell you how mugh RAM is in place, what % is being used, what % is available, and above, what is using it. That may give you info about what is hogging your RAM.

From you numbers, looks like you have 2GB of RAM, which should be enough.

On my computer running Win-7 Ultimate, this one forum opened, and Outlook, I am using 2.2 GB of RAM. So it may be you have used up your physical RAM already. Also your pagefile should be at about twice your RAM. The pagefile size can be ascertained by right clicking on Computer, properties, advanced system settings, advanced. performance settings, advanced. It will be listed similar to xxxx MB.

That may help pin down the problem.