Windows start up problem

I recently terminated a second start up windows 2K install. Now every time I
boot up, I get an annoying intermediate screen that asks me if I want to
continue with setup or go on with windows 2K.

It would be OK but the default is setup so if I don't move the cursor up at
the right time, it goes into setup mode and crashes. Is there a way to get
this out of my way?

The boot.ini file, which displays that boot-time screen, needs to be
edited. Once you've done that and are sure the system is operating as
you wish, you can delete the directory/subdirs that contain that aborted
install code.

Boot.ini is a small text file you can edit with notepad. It is by
default a hidden/readonly/system file in the root of your system drive;
to see and edit it you must remove those attributes.

Here is a typical boot.ini file for a single OS boot. It is a 5-line
file, so watch the wrap. The timeout line is ignored when it points to
only one OS. The rdisk(0) value points to the primary IDE controller's
master hard drive, and the partition(1) value points to the first
partition on that drive, typically C:. The syntax for booting from SCSI
is different. If your W2k directory is not named WINNT, adjust this file
accordingly. It can be very annoying to recover from an editing mistake,
so you would be well advised to format a diskette under W2k, copy to it
the ntldr, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini files first, and then make sure
you can boot from that diskette. Then, if you make a mistake, recovery
by booting from the diskette is a trivial matter of copying from
diskette to hard drive:

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
Professional" /fastdetect