Add/Remove Programs Problem

I have the Add/Remove Programs problem. In this case when the item
is clicked on in Control Panel nothing appears to happen. In fact,
mshta.exe is hanging in the background and can be stopped using task
manager. I have tried to perform an in-place upgrade and repair, but, my
CD is SP3 and the installation has been patched to SP4. Is there a way I
can either create an full W2K SP4 CD from the SP3 CD and SP4 patch or
download an SP4 CD image from MS? Is there anything else that can be
done?

--

Regards,

Richard Beilby.

I am not very sure if you can slipstream SP4 on CD with SP3 integrated, but
still you can refer to this link for integrating and deploying service packs
and hotfixes in Windows 2000.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp4/hfdeploy.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=828930

"Richard Beilby" wrote:

> I have the Add/Remove Programs problem. In this case when the item
> is clicked on in Control Panel nothing appears to happen. In fact,
> mshta.exe is hanging in the background and can be stopped using task
> manager. I have tried to perform an in-place upgrade and repair, but, my
> CD is SP3 and the installation has been patched to SP4. Is there a way I
> can either create an full W2K SP4 CD from the SP3 CD and SP4 patch or
> download an SP4 CD image from MS? Is there anything else that can be
> done?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Beilby.

You can indeed download the complete SP4 from the MS support site. It's
too long ago that I did it, so I can't give you the page ref.