login looping

I have a Windows 2000 Professional client under a domain that uses a kix
script to connect to the server. The client boots fine and presents a login
notice. Click OK and the login screen accepts a username and password under
the domain. It appears the login is successful. There is no error message to
say the password or username has been denied, but the desktop does not
appear, the machine cycles back to the login notice and so on and so on....

You can't even reach the desktop from safe mode because the login notice
comes up there too!

How can I get my machine back without starting over!!!?

Thanks in advance,
--
BJM
ACE Assistant

B.

See if this MS Knowledge Base article can help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249321

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"B. Meincke" <garyallan@highschool.ca> wrote:

>I have a Windows 2000 Professional client under a domain that uses a kix
>script to connect to the server. The client boots fine and presents a login
>notice. Click OK and the login screen accepts a username and password under
>the domain. It appears the login is successful. There is no error message to
>say the password or username has been denied, but the desktop does not
>appear, the machine cycles back to the login notice and so on and so on....
>
>You can't even reach the desktop from safe mode because the login notice
>comes up there too!
>
>How can I get my machine back without starting over!!!?
>
>Thanks in advance,

Hi there,
I had similar problem and I ran a virus check with Symantec 2004 rescue
disk. That got rid of the problem. Pls try that and let me know.

Cheers,
Mr T.