[FRLG] Machop/Machoke/Machamp Moveset

Any suggestions for a MACHOP/MACHOKE/MACHAMP moveset (not including
HMs and unique TMs)? My MACHOP currently looks like this:

MACHOP O+ Lv24 w/GUTS
LOW KICK
FORESIGHT
SEISMIC TOSS
KARATE CHOP

Would it be worth keeping FORESIGHT for fighting GHOST-types and
POKéMON using evasion moves? Is LOW KICK really useful later on as
higher level POKéMON tend to be heavier?

Thanks,
Chad
2 answers Last reply
More about frlg machop machoke machamp moveset

    On 18 Oct 2004, Notus00 wrote:
    > Any suggestions for a MACHOP/MACHOKE/MACHAMP moveset (not including
    > HMs and unique TMs)? My MACHOP currently looks like this:
    >
    > MACHOP O+ Lv24 w/GUTS
    > LOW KICK
    > FORESIGHT
    > SEISMIC TOSS
    > KARATE CHOP

    Cross Chop (level 46) - In the meantime, replace Karate Chop with Revenge,
    and Vital Throw as they come up. Avoid Submission
    unless you don't mind the lack of accuracy and the
    recoil.
    Rock Slide (breeding; Camerupt->Spinda->Machop) to take out pesky Flyers
    and Bugs.
    Seismic Toss (level 19) - Only really useful against Poison and Psychics
    since Rock Slide covers most of the other nasties.

    The last move can be pretty much anything since no single types resist a
    Fighting/Rock combo completely (and makes you do super-effective against
    Bug, Dark, Fire, Flying, Ice, Normal, Rock and Steel). Earthquake, despite
    your objections to unique TMs, is a great choice since doing anything but
    attacking with a Macho is rather silly (and it adds Electric & Poison to the
    types you can slaughter). Thief (low damage, but adds Psychics [still
    advised to switch out against speedy ones] and Ghosts) or Flamethrower
    (adding Grass to the easy-kill list) are hampered by the Macho's low Special
    Attack, so come a distant second and third, IMHO, anyways, to Earthquake.

    "Notus00" <notus00@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Would it be worth keeping FORESIGHT for fighting GHOST-types and
    > POKéMON using evasion moves? Is LOW KICK really useful later on as
    > higher level POKéMON tend to be heavier?

    Whoah, you know you've been playing too much when you capitalise key
    phrases.

    Anyway, assuming we're talking in-game and not link battles, FORESIGHT isn't
    particularly useful, I find, since although it allows you to hit GHOSTS, so
    does switching out, and it takes the same amount of turns. GHOSTS just
    aren't common enough to justify wasting a space on your moveset. LOW KICK
    is a fun move for the reason you mentioned, but at the end of the day it's
    just a simple, weak attack and should be replaced by something stronger.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?