[FRLG] Machop/Machoke/Machamp Moveset

Last response: in Video Games
October 18, 2004 4:22:08 AM

Any suggestions for a MACHOP/MACHOKE/MACHAMP moveset (not including
HMs and unique TMs)? My MACHOP currently looks like this:

MACHOP O+ Lv24 w/GUTS
LOW KICK
FORESIGHT
SEISMIC TOSS
KARATE CHOP

Would it be worth keeping FORESIGHT for fighting GHOST-types and
POKéMON using evasion moves? Is LOW KICK really useful later on as
higher level POKéMON tend to be heavier?

Thanks,
Chad
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 5:53:37 PM

On 18 Oct 2004, Notus00 wrote:
> Any suggestions for a MACHOP/MACHOKE/MACHAMP moveset (not including
> HMs and unique TMs)? My MACHOP currently looks like this:
>
> MACHOP O+ Lv24 w/GUTS
> LOW KICK
> FORESIGHT
> SEISMIC TOSS
> KARATE CHOP

Cross Chop (level 46) - In the meantime, replace Karate Chop with Revenge,
and Vital Throw as they come up. Avoid Submission
unless you don't mind the lack of accuracy and the
recoil.
Rock Slide (breeding; Camerupt->Spinda->Machop) to take out pesky Flyers
and Bugs.
Seismic Toss (level 19) - Only really useful against Poison and Psychics
since Rock Slide covers most of the other nasties.

The last move can be pretty much anything since no single types resist a
Fighting/Rock combo completely (and makes you do super-effective against
Bug, Dark, Fire, Flying, Ice, Normal, Rock and Steel). Earthquake, despite
your objections to unique TMs, is a great choice since doing anything but
attacking with a Macho is rather silly (and it adds Electric & Poison to the
types you can slaughter). Thief (low damage, but adds Psychics [still
advised to switch out against speedy ones] and Ghosts) or Flamethrower
(adding Grass to the easy-kill list) are hampered by the Macho's low Special
Attack, so come a distant second and third, IMHO, anyways, to Earthquake.

October 19, 2004 1:51:54 PM

"Notus00" <notus00@aol.com> wrote in message
> Would it be worth keeping FORESIGHT for fighting GHOST-types and
> POKéMON using evasion moves? Is LOW KICK really useful later on as
> higher level POKéMON tend to be heavier?

Whoah, you know you've been playing too much when you capitalise key
phrases.

Anyway, assuming we're talking in-game and not link battles, FORESIGHT isn't
particularly useful, I find, since although it allows you to hit GHOSTS, so
does switching out, and it takes the same amount of turns. GHOSTS just
aren't common enough to justify wasting a space on your moveset. LOW KICK
is a fun move for the reason you mentioned, but at the end of the day it's
just a simple, weak attack and should be replaced by something stronger.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?