Themoniter61

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
So i decided to re allocate some space amongst my partitions this past sunday and set up norton partition magic to do so. About a half an hour into the process my dorm room had a power short and the PC shut down in the middle of the operations. I tried to boot up again but to no avail. So finally i re-installed windows happy to see that my data was still there, but in a weird way. I used Acronis disk utility to copy the data from the partition it was on (for some reason it was invisible and i could get to it). This morning i wake up and my PC is not working properly. The BIOS posts and i can boot from the DVD drive it works but no HD. when its booting from the HD it never gets past the BIOS post, when im supposed to see the windows loading screen all i get is a blank black picture on my monitor. All the hardware is working, is there any chance that this is a BIOS thing? Or is all my data completely gone?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
The a similar thing happened to one of my grandkids not long ago. When all else failed I had her use the driver's mfg diagnostic/repair software running it from a Floppy. Then she did a fresh install, i.e., full format, of XP. Interestingly, it didn't wipe all her data, which was on a different partition than the OS and programs, which I thought it would when she ran the WD repair.