problem installing windows 2000 professional

Hello,
I am currently running windows me and I have been trying to install
windows 2000 professional (with service pack 2). However when I run the setup
it goes through the process seemingly successfully including converting the
disk to NFTS, but when it tries to re-boot the computer just hangs saying
press any key to boot from cd-rom.

Any ideas what is going on, could my bios be out of date.
Regards
Robert

For starters, you must do a clean install of W2k; ME canNOT be upgraded
to W2k.

When you boot (from the W2k CD directly, or using the 4 W2k setup
diskettes), the install process will take you through partition
formatting etc for the clean install.

Robert Smith wrote:

> Hello,
> I am currently running windows me and I have been trying to install
> windows 2000 professional (with service pack 2). However when I run the setup
> it goes through the process seemingly successfully including converting the
> disk to NFTS, but when it tries to re-boot the computer just hangs saying
> press any key to boot from cd-rom.
>
> Any ideas what is going on, could my bios be out of date.
> Regards
> Robert

GeoffW

remove CD from CD drive.
change boot sequence in setup so that HD is first boot
device (or CD is not)

"Robert Smith" <RobertSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
> Hello,
> I am currently running windows me and I have been
trying to install
> windows 2000 professional (with service pack 2). However
when I run the setup
> it goes through the process seemingly successfully
including converting the
> disk to NFTS, but when it tries to re-boot the computer
just hangs saying
> press any key to boot from cd-rom.
>
> Any ideas what is going on, could my bios be out of date.
> Regards
> Robert

TRENDING THREADS