problem installing windows 2000 professional

Hello,
I am currently running windows me and I have been trying to install
windows 2000 professional (with service pack 2). However when I run the setup
it goes through the process seemingly successfully including converting the
disk to NFTS, but when it tries to re-boot the computer just hangs saying
press any key to boot from cd-rom.

Any ideas what is going on, could my bios be out of date.
Regards
Robert
2 answers Last reply
More about problem installing windows 2000 professional

    For starters, you must do a clean install of W2k; ME canNOT be upgraded
    to W2k.

    When you boot (from the W2k CD directly, or using the 4 W2k setup
    diskettes), the install process will take you through partition
    formatting etc for the clean install.

    Robert Smith wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am currently running windows me and I have been trying to install
    > windows 2000 professional (with service pack 2). However when I run the setup
    > it goes through the process seemingly successfully including converting the
    > disk to NFTS, but when it tries to re-boot the computer just hangs saying
    > press any key to boot from cd-rom.
    >
    > Any ideas what is going on, could my bios be out of date.
    > Regards
    > Robert

    remove CD from CD drive.
    change boot sequence in setup so that HD is first boot
    device (or CD is not)

    "Robert Smith" <RobertSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message
    > Hello,
    > I am currently running windows me and I have been
    trying to install
    > windows 2000 professional (with service pack 2). However
    when I run the setup
    > it goes through the process seemingly successfully
    including converting the
    > disk to NFTS, but when it tries to re-boot the computer
    just hangs saying
    > press any key to boot from cd-rom.
    >
    > Any ideas what is going on, could my bios be out of date.
    > Regards
    > Robert

Windows 2000 Boot Windows