Boot Prbs in Win2K

Hi Folks,
I keep getting the following message in event viewer.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip
vsdatant

I am able to boot my pc in win2K environment, but it fails to give me full
color display. I am only able to boot in the safe mode or vga mode.

If I try to boot normally, it gives me a blue screen of death.
I have an ASUS Motherboard with NVdia onboard graphics card and Athlon XP.
I have got all the service packs installed on my win2K professional edition.

Please help me figure out this problem.

Cheers!
Mr Tired.

For the graphics adapter issue. Check the hardware manufacturer's web site
for the latest Windows 2000 driver. For the other errors check Event Viewer.
When you view the logged events in Event Viewer in the upper right corner,
third button down is a copy to clipboard, then you can paste in the body of
a reply message.

Please do so for each of the different System Log events since last boot so
we can see all of the event detail.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Mr Tired." wrote:
| Hi Folks,
| I keep getting the following message in event viewer.
|

| The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
| MRxSmb
| NetBIOS
| NetBT
| RasAcd
| Rdbss
| Tcpip
| vsdatant
|

| I am able to boot my pc in win2K environment, but it fails to give me full
| color display. I am only able to boot in the safe mode or vga mode.
|
| If I try to boot normally, it gives me a blue screen of death.
| I have an ASUS Motherboard with NVdia onboard graphics card and Athlon XP.
| I have got all the service packs installed on my win2K professional
edition.

| Please help me figure out this problem.
|
| Cheers!
| Mr Tired.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for replying. here are the error messages in the order they have been
logged in the event viewer.

** LOG START **
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:02:07 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DUMBO
The server {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF} did not register with DCOM
within the required timeout.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:03:05 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DUMBO
The server {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF} did not register with DCOM
within the required timeout.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: EventLog
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6006
Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:03:05 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The Event log service was stopped.
Data:
0000: 05 00 00 00 ....

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7001
Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which
failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: EventLog
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6009
Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 (R) 5.0 2195 Service Pack 2 Uniprocessor Free.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: EventLog
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6005
Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The Event log service was started.

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service service depends on the AFD Networking
Support Environment service which failed to start because of the following
error:
No attempts to start the service have been made since the last boot.

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The System Event Notification service depends on the COM+ Event System

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The TrueVector Internet Monitor service depends on the vsdatant service

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:15 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:15 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The IIS Admin Service service depends on the Protected Storage service which

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:15 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The FTP Publishing Service service depends on the IIS Admin Service service
which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:15 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) service depends on the IIS Admin
Service service which failed to start because of the following error:

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:15 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The World Wide Web Publishing Service service depends on the IIS Admin
Service service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:08:31 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony

Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:19:18 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The Event log service was stopped.
Data:
0000: 05 00 00 00 ....

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSFTPSVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 105
Date: 12/21/2004
Time: 9:24:48 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DUMBO
The server was unable to register the administration tool discovery
information. The administration tool may not be able to see this server.
The data is the error code.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:
Data:
0000: c6 04 00 00 Æ...

** LOG END **

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> For the graphics adapter issue. Check the hardware manufacturer's web site
> for the latest Windows 2000 driver. For the other errors check Event Viewer.
> When you view the logged events in Event Viewer in the upper right corner,
> third button down is a copy to clipboard, then you can paste in the body of
> a reply message.
>
> Please do so for each of the different System Log events since last boot so
> we can see all of the event detail.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Mr Tired." wrote:
> | Hi Folks,
> | I keep getting the following message in event viewer.
> |

> | The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
> | MRxSmb
> | NetBIOS
> | NetBT
> | RasAcd
> | Rdbss
> | Tcpip
> | vsdatant
> |

> | I am able to boot my pc in win2K environment, but it fails to give me full
> | color display. I am only able to boot in the safe mode or vga mode.
> |
> | If I try to boot normally, it gives me a blue screen of death.
> | I have an ASUS Motherboard with NVdia onboard graphics card and Athlon XP.
> | I have got all the service packs installed on my win2K professional
> edition.
> |
> | Please help me figure out this problem.
> |
> | Cheers!
> | Mr Tired.

Is this a new install? If not what was installed to cause this?

Control|Administrative Tools|Services then

Is Remote Procedure Call (RPC) started?
If not from a command prompt;
sc query "RpcSs"

If so is COM+ Event System started?
If not from a command prompt;
sc query "EventSystem"

If so is System Event Notification started?
If not from a command prompt;
sc query "SENS"

to see what win32 exit code is generated. You can get sc.exe
(service controller tool) here.
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/reskit/win2000/