Yellow flute

In fire red is the yellow flute from the game center worth the 1600
coins or is it a one shot item??

And has any one got the berry machine to work when useing the base
station and one GBA?

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

    "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In fire red is the yellow flute from the game center worth the 1600
    > coins or is it a one shot item??

    Like the Poké Flute, it can be used as many times as you like.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 107

    "STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In fire red is the yellow flute from the game center worth the 1600
    >> coins or is it a one shot item??
    >
    > Like the Poké Flute, it can be used as many times as you like.
    >
    > --
    > Steffan Alun
    >
    > http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    > http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?
    >
    > Sapphire PokéDex: 201
    >
    > LeafGreen PokéDex: 107

    what is the point in buying the yellow flute?

    mewthree wrote:

    > what is the point in buying the yellow flute?

    It's the same as the yellow flute from r/s.
    playing it will snap a pokemon out of confusion.

    regal wrote:
    > mewthree wrote:
    >

    >>what is the point in buying the yellow flute?
    >

    > It's the same as the yellow flute from r/s.
    > playing it will snap a pokemon out of confusion.

    very helpful

    I use the GCN/GB adapter to crush berries with my GBA (wireless adapter on
    both). I think that is what your second question was about.

    theMonitor wrote:

    > I use the GCN/GB adapter to crush berries with my GBA (wireless adapter on
    > both). I think that is what your second question was about.
    >
    > "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > In fire red is the yellow flute from the game center worth the 1600
    > > coins or is it a one shot item??
    > >
    > > And has any one got the berry machine to work when useing the base
    > > station and one GBA?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Richard The Blind Typer
    > > Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

    No my question was could it be done.
    You see I had two kids that could not find out how to do it. I don't know if
    they miss read the old mans insturitions or what.
    But they thought there must be a new machine to do it not that you needed the
    wireless adapters in and then go to the direct link area.
    Some times I really want to slap people.
    I told them to click on every thing and they said they did.
    Then I goof around with it for a bout ten minutes and I find it and I can no
    longer even see the screen.
    Oh well at least I not being bugged any more over it.
    For a while there I was wishing that I sold it rather then give it to my
    younger relatives.

    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

    the third person in the Link Room (with the direct connect cable icon on
    floor) has the berry crush, when you have the "powder jar".

    > theMonitor wrote:
    >
    >> I use the GCN/GB adapter to crush berries with my GBA (wireless adapter
    >> on
    >> both). I think that is what your second question was about.
    >>
    >> "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> > In fire red is the yellow flute from the game center worth the 1600
    >> > coins or is it a one shot item??
    >> >
    >> > And has any one got the berry machine to work when useing the base
    >> > station and one GBA?
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > Richard The Blind Typer
    >> > Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.
    >> >

    > No my question was could it be done.
    > You see I had two kids that could not find out how to do it. I don't know
    > if
    > they miss read the old mans insturitions or what.
    > But they thought there must be a new machine to do it not that you needed
    > the
    > wireless adapters in and then go to the direct link area.
    > Some times I really want to slap people.
    > I told them to click on every thing and they said they did.
    > Then I goof around with it for a bout ten minutes and I find it and I can
    > no
    > longer even see the screen.
    > Oh well at least I not being bugged any more over it.
    > For a while there I was wishing that I sold it rather then give it to my
    > younger relatives.
    >

    > --
    > Richard The Blind Typer
    > Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    richard e white wrote:

    > I told them to click on every thing and they said they did.
    > Then I goof around with it for a bout ten minutes and I find it and I can no
    > longer even see the screen.

    I have a couple questions for you, personally:
    1. Do you play Pokemon or any other video games?
    2. If yes, how do you do it? You're blind, as your signature says. I
    once saw this documentary on video games and at one point they introduce
    us to this blind girl who plays Pokemon on a GameBoy Color (I think.
    Could be Pocket). She even has a favorite, which is Bayleef. It just
    baffles me that someone who can't see can play a video game. How could
    it possibly be accomplished?

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Chet Weaver would like to point out that Halloween lasts an hour longer
    this year" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > 2. If yes, how do you do it? You're blind, as your signature says. I
    > once saw this documentary on video games and at one point they introduce
    > us to this blind girl who plays Pokemon on a GameBoy Color (I think. Could
    > be Pocket). She even has a favorite, which is Bayleef. It just baffles
    > me that someone who can't see can play a video game. How could it
    > possibly be accomplished?

    I remember seeing something similar about a blind guy who played video
    games. This was back in the 16 bit days, I believe.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Chad <lgayman@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
    > I remember seeing something similar about a blind guy who played
    > video games. This was back in the 16 bit days, I believe.

    It goes back even further... after all, that deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure
    plays mean pinball.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    Chet Weaver would like to point out that Halloween lasts an hour longer this year wrote:

    > richard e white wrote:
    >
    > > I told them to click on every thing and they said they did.
    > > Then I goof around with it for a bout ten minutes and I find it and I can no
    > > longer even see the screen.
    > >
    > I have a couple questions for you, personally:
    > 1. Do you play Pokemon or any other video games?
    > 2. If yes, how do you do it? You're blind, as your signature says. I
    > once saw this documentary on video games and at one point they introduce
    > us to this blind girl who plays Pokemon on a GameBoy Color (I think.
    > Could be Pocket). She even has a favorite, which is Bayleef. It just
    > baffles me that someone who can't see can play a video game. How could
    > it possibly be accomplished?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Chet "Tech" Weaver
    >
    > AIM: PanGatomon
    > MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    > eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    > Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    > ICQ: 122744531
    > Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com
    >
    > My Adventure Quest character:
    > http://www.battleon.com/aq-chardetail.asp?temp=131213
    > You can play Adventure Quest at http://www.battleon.com
    >
    > Sometimes, I notice someone has posted a reply to one of my messages and
    > I think, "Oh, great, what did I say this time?"

    Well the first thing you need to know is that blind does not all ways mean that you see
    nothing. I was leagly blind for for or five years and still played pokemon by my self. I
    had just enugf vistion to find my character on the screen given about five minets and the
    right size tv. I have never been able to use any of the game boys.
    But silver and gold was the last ones I could play by myself. Now I need people to read
    me what is on the screen. By the way if a pokemon game spoke rather then just put stuff
    on the tv screen I could still play all by my self. these days I need some one else to
    read the text.
    as to moveing the character on the screen you do it by moveing one step at a time and
    counting as you go. The reason that many leagle blind people play pokemon is that you can
    just have your character stand there as you try and find him on the screen. so it does
    not matter how long it took for me to find out where I am. These days i spend most of my
    time looking for things. I bump in to a lot of things as someone trys to help me. Half
    the time it is even more fun because the other person says go left and I think left of the
    screen and as they saw the character faceing right they ment up.
    At other times like when I play with my brother he tells me what is on the screen and I
    tell him what to do, or witch attacks to keep as we get new ones or even what attack to
    use.
    It takes some getting use to and is often a team event these days. but it is much better
    with a person who likes to help and read what is on the screen. so oddly it is often
    better with young kids who like to read and with people who like to help but don't like to
    play them self. people who like to play often slip and would just rather play them self
    cutting me out.
    But it does take some time to work out where things are and finding the poeple that move
    in the game are hard.
    As to playing other games there are some that are sound only like the ones made by
    babysoft That dos not sound right so I think I mispeld it. in these games you have a
    narrater that tells you what is in the room or in your area and you go throught a list for
    the action you want.
    and there are some games where a screen reader can give me the writen info.
    But weather I can play often depends on how much work was done on the sounds of the games.

    once you learn the pattern of sounds that are made and when the next thing you need to
    learn is the pattern of commands that you can do.
    for the most part that is easy on pokemon as the option points are in either list form or
    the one down and one to the right.
    But I will admit that the new pokemon switch dureing battle has still got me stumped as it
    moves the list around some where the old games left it with the list you made.
    I know I ramblued a bit here so ask more if I missed something.
    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> [...]
    throught a list for
    > the action you want.
    > and there are some games where a screen reader can give me the writen
    info.
    > But weather I can play often depends on how much work was done on the
    sounds of the games.

    > once you learn the pattern of sounds that are made and when the next thing
    you need to
    > learn is the pattern of commands that you can do.
    > for the most part that is easy on pokemon as the option points are in
    either list form or
    > the one down and one to the right.
    > But I will admit that the new pokemon switch dureing battle has still got
    me stumped as it
    > moves the list around some where the old games left it with the list you
    made.
    > I know I ramblued a bit here so ask more if I missed something.

    Cool enough. I think that no matter how much I would like to help you play,
    I would be one of the ones who would be least helpful (I already have
    control issues). But I can see how it's done, and why little kids who like
    to help and who like to show off their reading skills would be a good
    choice.

    daramark

Computers Games Nintendo Video Games