Windows 2000 server support

I am currently involved as a consultant to insurance company. Their customer
claims if I replace their damaged server Microsoft will not support the new
installation. Is this true?
--
Joseph J Cathrall
RightSystem

This may help.

How and When to Contact Microsoft Customer Service (Q295539)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q295539

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Joe cathrall wrote:
> I am currently involved as a consultant to insurance company. Their customer
> claims if I replace their damaged server Microsoft will not support the new
> installation. Is this true?

Is the custiomer refering to the products expected service life? All
Microsoft products do eventually reach end-of-life and become obsolete,
and no longer supported, as far as updates/patches go. Windows 2000
Server is about 6 months away from losing mainstream support.

Product Lifecycle Dates - Windows Product Family
;LifeWin]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];LifeWin

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Joe cathrall wrote:
> I am currently involved as a consultant to insurance company. Their
> customer claims if I replace their damaged server Microsoft will not
> support the new installation. Is this true?

Replace it with what? Installation of what? Hardware? Software? Upgrade?

I'm not sure what you mean, although the other replies may have answered
your question. Please be more specific.