Screensaver won't start

The screensaver on my new WinXP Home PC will not start if anyone is
logged on. If no one is logged on and it is at the Welcome screen, it
starts without a problem. I've gone into Display Properties and set it
to start after 5 minutes. I've clicked on the Power button and made
sure that the settings there say to turn off. Please, what am I
missing?

Brian

My thought is that there is a running application that is making the
computer think there is activity. What types of applications do you have
running?

--
Eric Renken
Microsoft Associate Expert.

"bxb7668" <bxb7668@somewhere.nocom> wrote in message
> The screensaver on my new WinXP Home PC will not start if anyone is
> logged on. If no one is logged on and it is at the Welcome screen, it
> starts without a problem. I've gone into Display Properties and set it
> to start after 5 minutes. I've clicked on the Power button and made
> sure that the settings there say to turn off. Please, what am I
> missing?
>
> Brian

Thank you for the pointer. After much playing with msconfig, I found
the DVDLauncher.exe is the culprit. Once I removed that unnecessary
startup, the screen saver works fine.

Brian