NewEgg still boast a "98% same day shipping" record?

hadleyrandall123

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Not really sure what the deal is.

I was ready to sign up for rush processing but becuase I used my shoprunner account it wasn't possible.

I placed the order at 2 in the morning PST. Called that same morning at like 7AM to request rush ordering (I offered to pay) and the rep told me, my card has already been charged.

Checked on newegg for order status, and it still claims my card hasn't been charged. My bank account is showing the charge.

Still processing after 35 hours later.

It's a little irritating, I was expecting this thing to get shipped the same day becuase of how early it was placed.

Now because I was unable to get rush processing there is a good chance my "2 day shipping" will end up taking longer than it would have if I just used 3 day shipping with rush processing.

Some newegg rep claimed a 98% of orders are shipped on the same day.

Anybody else have issues with them doing things then not reflecting it in the order status (IE telling me they charged my card but showing it's still in pre pressing / waiting to charge card before they package), as well as issues with long processing times?

hadleyrandall123

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Finally went past "processing" to "charged".

Called them up and the lady said it would be shipped out today.

Wasn't shipped.

5 Days before it is even shipped. Fantastic.

mw__happycamper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
I've had a lot of similar experiences with NewEgg lately. Although I'm a fan and spend a large amount of money with them, I feel they could be doing much better and have begun a mild-mannered petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neweggshipping/). Please take a look and consider giving it your support.

As long as you keep it mild mannered.

vice86

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
its kind of pointless paying for one day shipping with Newegg when they say it takes them 1-2 to process the order. Amazon...I've picked 2 day shipping and sometimes have gotten my item the very next day!