Inaccessible Boot Device SCSI Question

Hi,
I am trying to use a U320 scsi controller for a vendor specific
installation (drive image) that doesn't support the U320 scsi controller.
The image loads fine to the drive but when it reboots I get the 0x0000007B
boot device error. I can't just do a repair with a Win2K server disk because
it ruins the vendor specific install. I would like to know which files need
replaced so it will know to use the U320 scsi device to boot.

I have an identical server already running (non vendor specific OS install)
with the same controller, so if needed I can copy files from that server onto
floppy and load them on the new server via recovery console.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about inaccessible boot device scsi question

    Please do not multipost.

    Ray at work

    "lucotc" <lucotc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to use a U320 scsi controller for a vendor specific
    > installation (drive image) that doesn't support the U320 scsi controller.
    > The image loads fine to the drive but when it reboots I get the 0x0000007B
    > boot device error. I can't just do a repair with a Win2K server disk
    because
    > it ruins the vendor specific install. I would like to know which files
    need
    > replaced so it will know to use the U320 scsi device to boot.
    >
    > I have an identical server already running (non vendor specific OS
    install)
    > with the same controller, so if needed I can copy files from that server
    onto
    > floppy and load them on the new server via recovery console.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated, thanks!

SCSI Boot Controller Devices Servers Windows