Altering cave?????

Does anybody know what the significance of Altering Cave is? Is it just
a place to find high level Zubats???? Does an event trigger something
amazing and wonderous...or is it just a waste of time?

Kevin Shipman wrote:
> Does anybody know what the significance of Altering Cave is? Is it just
> a place to find high level Zubats???? Does an event trigger something
> amazing and wonderous...or is it just a waste of time?

It's fodder for hoaxes, like Pikablu or that field where you can catch
all the starters you want. Let's make one up right now!

Okay, uh... First, defeat the Elite Four six times with any six Pokemon
without taking a single point of damage - healing doesn't count! - and
beat the Battle Tower with a Magikarp, a Shuckle, and a Feebas. Then
talk to the voyuer in Celedon City (in front of the Gym) with any six
Legendaries on your team and he'll trade you a single Magcargo for all
of them. Take him up on his offer, then hurry back to the Pokemon
Center - time is of the essence! - to retrieve a Pokemon with Fly on it
and return to your home. If you were fast enough, the television inside
will report seismic disturbances coming from the Altering Cave. Go to
the Altering Cave and inside you will find Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Lugia,
Jirachi, and Deoxys. They will battle you as a team, with Deoxsys at
level 300! You can capture them, but you can't run and if you're
defeated the game will reboot without saving and you'll have to battle
them all over again. If you capture all of them, a statue will appear
in the cave. If you talk to the statue, a list of all the Pokemon will
appear (even Legendaries and Missingno.) and when you select one the
cave will be full of them for you to capture! Beware, though, because
Deoxsys can only be captured with a normal PokeBall, and even then only
if you press B right when it opens!

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

Kevin Shipman <kevin4lil@webtv.net> wrote:
> Does anybody know what the significance of Altering Cave is? Is it
> just a place to find high level Zubats???? Does an event trigger
> something amazing and wonderous...or is it just a waste of time?

Ok, this one is serious. L33t haxors picked apart the code for the cave, and
it revealed a whole bunch of cool GS pokemon like Mareep and Shuckle.
However, there seems to be no way to change the event code to actually
encounter them. Maybe the Mystery Event hotspots will play a role?

http://www.serebii.net/red_green/transform.shtml

--
-----------
Deep Thought

That's kinda funny, I noticed Smeargle on that list. I faced some
trainers at Resort Georgeous that had Smeargle. I haven't seen any in
the wild. I just hope they reveal something soon.

DeepThought wrote:
> Kevin Shipman <kevin4lil@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know what the significance of Altering Cave is? Is it
>>just a place to find high level Zubats???? Does an event trigger
>>something amazing and wonderous...or is it just a waste of time?
>

> Ok, this one is serious. L33t haxors picked apart the code for the cave, and
> it revealed a whole bunch of cool GS pokemon like Mareep and Shuckle.
> However, there seems to be no way to change the event code to actually
> encounter them. Maybe the Mystery Event hotspots will play a role?
>
> http://www.serebii.net/red_green/transform.shtml

It's strange though, because every pokemon is available in some way or
another from one of the four GBA carts, or Col. So why make this cave
have ordinary pokemon?

In article <Uoied.57$803.16@trndny04>,
DeepThought <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote:
>Kevin Shipman <kevin4lil@webtv.net> wrote:
>> Does anybody know what the significance of Altering Cave is? Is it
>> just a place to find high level Zubats???? Does an event trigger
>> something amazing and wonderous...or is it just a waste of time?
>
>Ok, this one is serious. L33t haxors picked apart the code for the cave, and
>it revealed a whole bunch of cool GS pokemon like Mareep and Shuckle.
>However, there seems to be no way to change the event code to actually
>encounter them. Maybe the Mystery Event hotspots will play a role?

FWIW, I now have an Aurora Ticket, and I still get Zubats there.
I haven't gone after Deoxys yet; I'm still trying to decide what
to take. My big strong Tyranitar from Coliseum seems a natural,
unless Deoxys knows any Fighting moves. (There really aren't
good Dark Pokemon other than Tyranitar and Houndoom.) I need
to decide what balls to take, and who I still need to level up.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

Kevin Shipman wrote:

> Does anybody know what the significance of Altering Cave is? Is it just
> a place to find high level Zubats???? Does an event trigger something
> amazing and wonderous...or is it just a waste of time?

I was told that if you hook up the e card reader and run certin cards
through it the cave changes and you find a diffrent kind of pokemon.

By the way how is the ticket for deoxe given out?
did they do a sort of trade or did you get it from a mstery gift bit?
I know where. I just wanted to know how they went about it?

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

In article <TM-dnYrTO4X5ROTcRVn-uA@rcn.net>,
John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:

>It's strange though, because every pokemon is available in some way or
>another from one of the four GBA carts, or Col. So why make this cave
>have ordinary pokemon?

Because it has a cool, evocative name? Right now it's a pointless tease.

I walk into Altering Cave, look around, examine the footprints,
the shapes on the floor, and all that happens is these stupid Zubats.
What a let-down.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

In article <417A66D5.D1228D3D@cox.net>,
richard e white <chiphead@cox.net> wrote:

>By the way how is the ticket for deoxe given ovt?
>did they do a sort of trade or did yov get it from a mstery gift bit?
>I know where. I jvst wanted to know how they went abovt it?

I took my Gameboy Advance SP with wireless adapter throvgh the line,
with Mystery Gift enabled. As I got closer, I kept trying ovt the
Mystery Card, and eventvally got a connection. There was a tent
that we were approaching, with people there, presvmably helping
those who weren't clear on it or had problems, bvt when I got the
ticket I got ovt of line, so I don't know for svre.

It was a cold, damp, day, and my hands were getting pretty vncomfortable
from holding the SP vp repeatedly.

Unfortvnately, I didn't find people hanging arovnd the Union Clvb ready
to trade, as I'd expected, bringing a wireless adapter into that many
Pokemon fans. I was hoping to trade for other starters.

--
David H. Thornley | If yov want my opinion, ask.
david@thornley.net | If yov don't, flee.

David Thornley wrote:

> In article <417A66D5.D1228D3D@cox.net>,
> richard e white <chiphead@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >By the way how is the ticket for deoxe given ovt?
> >did they do a sort of trade or did yov get it from a mstery gift bit?
> >I know where. I jvst wanted to know how they went abovt it?
> >
> I took my Gameboy Advance SP with wireless adapter throvgh the line,
> with Mystery Gift enabled. As I got closer, I kept trying ovt the
> Mystery Card, and eventvally got a connection. There was a tent
> that we were approaching, with people there, presvmably helping
> those who weren't clear on it or had problems, bvt when I got the
> ticket I got ovt of line, so I don't know for svre.
>
> It was a cold, damp, day, and my hands were getting pretty vncomfortable
> from holding the SP vp repeatedly.
>
> Unfortvnately, I didn't find people hanging arovnd the Union Clvb ready
> to trade, as I'd expected, bringing a wireless adapter into that many
> Pokemon fans. I was hoping to trade for other starters.
>
> --
> David H. Thornley | If yov want my opinion, ask.
> david@thornley.net | If yov don't, flee.
> http://www.thornley.net/~thornley/david/ | O-

Did it matter at what point in the game yov where?

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Compvters.

richard e white <chiphead@cox.net> wrote:
> Did it matter at what point in the game you where?

Not unless you haven't unlocked Mystery Gift.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

In article <417A9068.C49CF49E@cox.net>,
richard e white <chiphead@cox.net> wrote:
>David Thornley wrote:
>
>> I took my Gameboy Advance SP with wireless adapter through the line,
>> with Mystery Gift enabled. As I got closer, I kept trying out the
>> Mystery Card, and eventually got a connection. There was a tent
>> that we were approaching, with people there, presumably helping
>> those who weren't clear on it or had problems, but when I got the
>> ticket I got out of line, so I don't know for sure.
>>
>Did it matter at what point in the game you where?

Not that I knew of, and the instructions passed out didn't mention it,
except that you have to enable Mystery Gift at a Pokemart, so you
have to get to the second town before doing this.

Using the Aurora Ticket is another matter; it is apparently useless
without the Rainbow Pass, and that comes rather late in the game.

So, it would be worth going to a Pokemon Rocks America to get the
ticket with only ten minutes of play, but it's going to take lots
of hours of play to turn that ticket into a Deoxys.

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> It's strange though, because every pokemon is available in some way or
> another from one of the four GBA carts, or Col. So why make this cave have
> ordinary pokemon?

They're hardly ordinary. Most of them are one-offs from Coli. Smeargle in
particular, with his Any Moveset gimmick, would be nice to have in
abundance. Then there's the matter that many Pokémon players won't have a
GameCube.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 108

DeepThought wrote:

> richard e white <chiphead@cox.net> wrote:
> > Did it matter at what point in the game you where?
>
> Not unless you haven't unlocked Mystery Gift.
>
> --
> -----------
> Deep Thought
> -----------
> Erase the Earth
> to g-mail me.

I did not find that yet in the new game.
where is the guy that does it?

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

richard e white <chiphead@cox.net> wrote:
> I did not find that yet in the new game.
> where is the guy that does it?

Unlike R/S, all you need to do is walk into a Pokemart with a survey sheet
on the side of the counter facing the door and say "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL".

--
Deep Thought